Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FAO: Anyone flying with Easyjet this winter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Be warned, these orange clad thieves have moved the goalposts re: ski's and boots on flights again.

After being told last year, that when paying to take your own equipment, boots needed to be in a boot bag, not in your main holdall because if over 20kg you would be charged excess. Obviously the skis wopuld be in a ski bag anyway. Needless to say we bought boot bags.

Then on 23rd Dec, on way out to GVA from Liverpool was told seperate boot and ski bags are fine as long as total baggage allowance is under 32kg

Then yesterday at Geneva, they tried charging an extra £10 as "you are only allowed one item of luggage, and one bag for sports equipment". There was 8 checkins open at GVA, and some of our party were NOT charged, whereas 2 of the lines were moving VERY slowly and were trying to sting people for any kind of charges they could get away with.

Easyjet need to sort their policy out, and let their staff know what the score is. Usually on my 4 ski holidays a year, we have 8 flights on Easyjet. This year, I'm having 2 (4 with Thomsonfly and 2 with BA). In future, I will be looking at other alternatives before Easyjet.

This has gone from free skis 3 years ago, to £10 each way, to now £15 each way PLUS whatever they can rip you off for. They'll soon learn when people start getting extremely pissed off and using other carriers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've just flown with Ryanair, put both pairs of skis into one ski bag and only paid for one piece of sports equipment. We were told that ski boots were a separate piece of equipment and needed to be paid for separately, so we took them through as hand luggage with no problems.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Charlatanefc wrote:
....Then yesterday at Geneva, they tried charging an extra £10 as "you are only allowed one item of luggage, and one bag for sports equipment"....

This policy has been in place for some time now, certainly since I booked my PSB flights in Oct.

Easyjet charges are now as follows:

A single piece of 20kg hold luggage is free. An additional hold bag is an extra £5 per flight. Note this does not increase the total 20kg allowance so would apply for say a 15kg main bag plus a 5kg boot bag. An additional ski/board bag is £15 per flight & increases the total allowance to 32kg. There's no weight limit for carry-on bags providing they meet the dimension restrictions of 55x40x20cm. Excess hold weight is charged at £5 per kg per flight.

All my skis have the same slide-off bindings so by taking one set of bindings in my hand luggage & putting my boots in my main holdall I can get a week's gear, avi kit & two pairs of skis all in the 32kg limit.

Personally as Easyjet flights are so cheap I don't mind paying extra for taking my own gear as the cost is still way cheaper than renting equipment of a lower quality.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They tried this with a friend last month at Luton. but they accepted it when we said the ski charge included a boot bag as well as a ski bag. No problems at Geneva.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Charlatanefc, we were also involved in the sleazyjet chaos at GVA yesterday but cant really complain.......

It sounds like we got away lightly though as they didnt weigh any of our stuff - even the 2 massive bags containing 3 pairs of skis each!

I agree with what you say - they need to have a clear policy, advise staff accordingly and stick to it!!!!!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Flying back from Grenoble last week the dimboid check in person tried to charge me excess baggage because my bag weighed over 20Kg. I explained that as I had paid for ski carriage my allowance was now 32Kg including the skis. She did not (initially) accept this and tried to argue that it was 12Kg for the skis and 20kg for the luggage. I politely but firmly told her she was wrong and asked to speak to her manager. 5 minutes later she accepted that the 32Kg applied across the two bags (my boots were in my luggage bag). Having tight weight limits is fine in my book, you gets what you pays for, but dealing with inadequately trained misinformed monkeys on the check in desk is a little frustrating.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AxsMan, Charlatanefc, I am surprised that you both had problems condsidering the discussions on here prior to your travel.

My understanding ( and obviously I am right) of their regs is that she was right.
1 checked bag per person (max 20 kg) and 1 hand luggage.
£15 per flight allows an extra ski bag with a combined total checked luggage allowance of 32 kg
32 kg is the limit but with the same caveat of a 20kg per bag limit. I shall be taking 2 bags, 1 with skis, 1 with boots andgear. They will have a maximum weight of 20 kg each, but the combined weight will be less than 32 kg. For the first time both kids will also have a suitcase.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, Well the thing is that the rule change about boot bags kind of forces you to put your boots in your main bag. No big deal (actually it's more convenient to handle two bags than three) but the point is that this automatically makes your main bag heavier. They even have 'heavy' stickers ready to put on anything over 20kg so they must expect it. The rule is that (having paid the ski charge) you now have a total baggage limt of 32Kg, and you are NOT limited to 20Kg in any one bag. At least that is my understanding, and the manager of the check-in desk in grenoble saw it that way too. snowHead

BTW they actually weighed both our bags and ski bags together and it came to 63.5kg, now that's cutting it fine!

P.s. the following from their T&C's:

Sporting equipment

Each passenger is allowed a maximum hold baggage weight of 50 kilos including any sports equipment, subject to available space. The maximum weight for any single piece of baggage is 32 kilos. Freight or cargo items cannot be accepted as passenger baggage.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From the horses mouth (Easyjet FAQ)

Question
How much hold baggage can I take?

Answer
Each passenger may take one item of standard checked-in hold baggage free of charge. Additional items are subject to a fee payable in advance or in the airport. Irrespective of the number of checked-in bags, each passenger has a free hold baggage weight allowance of 20kg, after which excess baggage charges apply.

Each passenger is allowed a maximum hold baggage weight of 50 kilos including any sports equipment, subject to available space. The maximum weight for any single piece of baggage is 32 kgs.

So you get the first 20kgs of your suitcase free, 20 - 32kgs you'd pay excess charges for.

However, if you pay the £15 (pre-booked)/ £20 (pay on the day) for sports equipment the following applies:-

Each passenger is allowed a maximum hold baggage weight of 50 kilos including any sports equipment, subject to available space. The maximum weight for any single piece of baggage is 32 kgs.

Payment of the additional fee increases your checked-in hold baggage allowance (including additional item) to a maximum weight of 32kgs.

Where your total checked-in hold baggage weighs more than 32Kgs, normal excess baggage charges as set out below shall apply in addition to the above fee.

So AxsMan is right, (after paying for the skis) he could have 32kgs spread between the suitcase and skibag without paying excess charges. He could also take an extra 18kgs if he paid excess for it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FenlandSkier, I know. I put my boots in my main bag after they tried to get a tenner out of me. This made the bag over 20kg. Last year they said that anything over 20kg was charged as excess whether you'd paid for sports equipment or not, your sports equipment needed to be totally seperate.

This airline has become a joke, and IMO is just trying to confuse people to con more money from them at check-in.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've put boots in the main bag a few times now, twice when I've not took skis and once when I have. I can't remember ever having my ski bag weighed at all but each time the main bag has been right up to the 20kg limit. So far I've been able to get the main bag down to 20kgs by a mixture of wearing the heaviest jacket and putting some weight into a rucksack, padding out the ski bag makes things easier as well. The 2 times I was skibag-less were shorter trips so less weight in the main bag anyway.

Looks like the key thing is not just to know the limits but to also take a printout off their website to be able to proove it to them as well rolling eyes
Is it just me or do they seem to be actively driving away ski related travellors this year? Through a mixture of cancelled routes, cancelled flights (post booking) and increased baggage charges I'm now travelling less times with them than I normally would.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You pay for what you get. As you know, you may be able to get cheaper prices from the more "professional" outfits, or you may not. I personally dont grumble too much when I pay €50 for the flights. You put up with the hassle.

After all orange clad and Polish "Irish" fly to destinations that suit them at their prefferred times, dont be cheeky and expect to get a service wink Shame on you all!!!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It would be useful if someone at Easyjet's Customer "Service" department could read these posts. If anyone has a contact there they might cut and the paste the whole thread and send it to them. Pehaps I'm being naive but I'm sure that if the Easyjet management knew of some of the problems their customers faced they "might" do something about it.
One thing in Easyjet's favour is that when it comes to baggage regulations Ryanair is much worse.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy