Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carte Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
I understand that this has now been replaced by a new loyalty scheme. Having looked at the new one on their website it seems very complicated to join and doesn't seem to offer any advantage in already having a Carte Tignes. Anybody got involved in the loyalty scheme and found it any use.

The old scheme used to give between 5% & 10% off lift passes - so at least 1 and maybe 3 beers dependent on time in season - I'm a Yorkshireman remember!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I believe the new scheme is tied in with the new lift passes and their electronic readers at many lift stations. (Just keep the new pass in a left breast pocket, no need to show it to a person for checking.) In Val d'Isere there were mixed views about whether our "client fidel" status had any meaning in getting the 5% or 10%. A few people got some discount, many did not.

As to benefits. It claims several things. One seems to be a voucher for money of of next years lift pass if you buy enough lift passes. But in Val d'Isere you can register for a family and get multiple cards (first card 10 euros, additional cards 5 euros each).

I suggest that you register well before travelling. It does no harm (as far as I know) and there is no way to register for it except via the web.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Adrian, thanks for the info - largely confirms what I thought - I considered registering on the web but as I'm off in 2 weeks seems a little late as per the instructions on the web site
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Register on-line, and get the return e-mail, with a password & code no. (I think). Go to the lift-pass office at Val Claret (between funicular & Lanches lift) with your pword, code no., photo & 10 euros & let them sort it out. Then 5% off your lift-pass.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kenzie, thanks - I'll have a go..... I'll let you know how I get on.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice, thanks Kenzie
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stevew,
It's what I did!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
well I just filled in the registration - how long does the email with password take to arrive?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bumping this up rather than starting a new one - can anyone confirm that Claret tow lift and Bollin chairlift are still free? Might be able to get a nice warm up on Saturday afternoon if so Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nbt, I registered on Saturday and still haven't had the email back .. having said that if you have to go upto VC then I'd rather be in a bar for my 5%!

Don't know about the Clart tow (don;t even know where it is) but as far as I'm aware the Bollin (lower part) is still free.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Claret is underneath Tufs, next to Bollin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nbt,

Both lifts are free as is Rosset & Lavachet. Little Angel
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nbt wrote:
Bumping this up rather than starting a new one - can anyone confirm that Claret tow lift and Bollin chairlift are still free? Might be able to get a nice warm up on Saturday afternoon if so Smile

Nice, that means a late afternoon warm up for me too. wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wish I could I'll have the young one in tow whose only speed is slow - and I'll have to sort out all her gear when we get there - hey ho!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nbt wrote:
well I just filled in the registration - how long does the email with password take to arrive?

I was told 3 working days. I registered on Saturday & got e-mail on Wednesday.
snow report
still nothing arrived, I'm about to shut down ready for a kip before the stupid o'clock taxi. as fgar as we can see anyway, it costs 10 euros to buy a carte tignes, which then gets you 10 euros off a 6 day lift pass.
latest report
Renry wrote:
nbt wrote:

Nice, that means a late afternoon warm up for me too. wink

When I was there last year, they had signs saying that if you bought a lift pass for the next day, you got free skiing after a certian time that afternoon (it was either 3pm or 3:30pm, I can't remember). They didn't seem to really advertise it on their website, but it may be available.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy