Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hand luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hope everyone has had a great christmas.

I am just getting packed up to go to Belle Plagne on saturday. What are we allowed to take as hand luggage? I normally take the back pack I ski with as hand luggage with my helmet and goggles in amongst other stuff. Would this be ok still?

Cheers

JP
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
justapurrin, depends on the size of your backpack. Mine was fine and had helmet inside. The size allowed is 1 bag 56x45x25cm, which is actually quite large. You should be fine but measure it just in case snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Easyjet and Ryanair have a smaller limit of 55 x 40 x 20cm but there are conditions of weight, too, which differ on different airlines and Ryanair don't allow boots. (This last was not on their website when I booked but it seems it is now being enforced, so I am going back to look again). Look on your airline's website for details. Also, of course, all the new limits on liquids etc apply to all airlines. I am sure your airline will have told you about those.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies. It is just good to hear that people have taken helmets and the likes through as handluggage recently. Its always a worry when all your luggage is at the limits of weight and they decide not to let your hand luggage through Mad

Thanks

JP
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball, my understanding is that boots can't go as hand luggage in a standard boot bag because it doesn't meet the size restrictions. Put them in a different bag and they're OK.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That is what I have done in the past but a new post on SCGB website tells of putting boots in a bag which fitted size limits and being stopped at security after hand-luggage x ray and told that it was OK by them, but they had had a memo from Easyjet that skiboots were not allowed and must go in the hold and be payed for as extra baggage item (ie £15 each way). They had to go back to check-in but a "nice" man there let them off paying extra.
I have e-mailed Easyjet for clarification.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That sounds very odd. Surely security staff (responsible to the airport operator) cannot act as agents of particular airlines, nor be expected to know the policies of all airlines. Still, the world is mad, so maybe it's true. Puzzled Evil or Very Mad rolling eyes
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
laundryman, true but would you want to stand there and argue the finer points with someone who ultimately says yes or no to you getting on the plane?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Last year to keep within the hold luggage limit (its so difficult to leave the dinner jacket behind what would one wear for the evening, otherwise) I packed one of my boots in my backpack would that still be acceptable to Easyjet?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FenlandSkier, my heart would be saying "let rip with a verbal broadside", my head would be saying "empathise very strongly and ask just this once to be let through".
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy