Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glacier skiing within 90 mins of Chamonix?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
With the season getting off to a poor start, I'm sort of prepared for a week of apres without the ski, but if I can salvage a morning on the slippy stuff it would help ease the pain (hangover).

We're going to be in Les Contamines from 22 Jan and if the slush is in for the duration we're happy to travel perhaps a couple of hours if we can in some glacier skiing in that distance.

Any suggestions oh gurus of the pistes? Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh, and I have my fingers crossed that all will be well and the snow pixies will be abundant in their love, but it pays to cover the bases.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NoDosh, welcome to snowHeads ....... snowHead

your plan sounds a bit drastic - I'm sure you'll be okay ..... Cool

...... but as no other suggestions have been tabled ...... a few weeks ago I drove Chamonix - La Plagne /Paradiski in just under two hours, so that should give you a Plan Z and a bit of glacier. (By the way I left just after 07:00 and arrived just before 09:00 - all legal (ish)) Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
NoDosh, I would think you would be fine by then, but if it really came to it, you could try Cervinia, not sure exactly how far it is, but I would think that it would be well within 2 hours through the Mont Blanc tunnel.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NoDosh, as a regular to les contamines i think and hope les contamines will come up trumps for you and me as i will be there then. If you are prepared to travell, there are many large ski areas within an hour and a half that will all have some salvagable skiing if conditions are really bad. Verbier with it Glacier and extensive ski are is only one and half hours away over the col de montets Argentier at the top is glacier half an hour away plus loads more. The lift ticket system is very flexible in contamine indervidual days do not work out much more expensive than a weeks ticket especially with loyalty bonus so this gives you choice if conditions are bad. p.m me and let me know wher you are staying in conta i might be able to help you.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers for the suggestions. Brock, I'm a regular to Les Contas too (have never been skiing anywhere else), typically 2 or 3 visits each season for the last 5 years and have never missed more than 1 day in each visit, but I'm getting nervous with the late onset of the cold snap this year. We're out there from 22 Jan to get our "grown ups" skiing done before we return with my daughter in February for half term, so are keen to get some skiing in pretty much regardless of effort.

I'll drop you a pm Brock.

Cheers again all!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brock, I'd be shocked if Les Contamines weren't absolutely fine by 22 Jan.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy