Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passo Tonale - anyone there/been recently

Poster: A snowHead
Off to Passo Tonale with our 3 kids on Saturday!
Anyone any ideas on snow conditions there?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Mel, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Passo+Tonale+snow+condition&btnG=Search
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mel, welcome, can't help you with current conditions, sorry. Have a trip to Ponte di Legno at least once if you get chance. It's only small, with a few 'old' chairs and drags but it's tree lined skiing, a few steeper runs and quite pretty compared to Passo Tonale. Don't think they've upgraded anything there yet but it was a couple of years ago when I went.

Perhaps a bit premature with that! Just looked on the http://www.passotonale.it site and Ponte di legno is showing quite a few more lifts, plans were in place for quite a big expansion so that might be complete now. Also shows lifts at Temu' which weren't there before. Perhaps someone who actually knows what they're talking about might give you an update wink

Have a great time snowHead

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 27-12-06 14:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Roughly three-fourths of all the lifts are running in Passo Tonale this week.

Snow depths are about 50% below the longterm average.

In short, plenty of slopes are open, but there may be a few rocks.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info!
Am about finished packing - but was a bit unsure if I needed walking boots or ski boots!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mel -- write us a report on conditions when you are there or when you get back. Good luck.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We went to Tonale two years ago with our (then 4 yrs old) son and had a fantastic time. The resort is quiet and queues were non existant. The level of ski tuition was good for him too - it was his first trip and by the end of the week, he was using the button lifts on his own and even won the ski slalom race for his class. There are a couple of good bars, food is excellent value and the hotels all seemed good value (the ski school meets in the centre of the village....its all along one road with the resort rising up above you). Its not the most challanging of resorts (if you like off piste and blacks you may be a bit disappointed) but we were happy and would consider a second trip. Excellent short transfer (if memory serves it was about an hr and a half) which was brill with a small child.

Have fun.
Fx
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Checkout www.adamelloski.com
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Was there last year. Think there is a new gondola back up from Ponte di Ligno which will be good. Recommend a day trip to Madonna.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Personally - I'm glad it isn't challenging!!!! I'm not a good skier!! This is only our 3rd family ski trip.
However, my hubby has been skiing for years - and all the runs. He took our 10 year old on a black last year (puts me to complete shame!) and my 8 and 6 year olds have done reds. They are all just waiting on Mummy catching up!! LOL!!

We leave first thing tomorrow!! YAY!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mel
I'm off tomorrow to Passo also... flying from Manchester very early... or at least I'm supposed to be... I have 2 weeks booked and to be honest I'm still undecided whether or not to scrap the first week and hope for a bit more snow during the coming week... and head out next Saturday instead... I booked 2 week long packages back to back and got them both for under £500.. so I wouldnt be too hacked off if I lost the first week...
It last snowed on the 10th Dec... which was actually the first snowfall I think... and I'm told that some snow is expected nect week..
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JonnyRocket,

If you've paid for it, go anyway. It actually looks OK. I was in Tonale in Jan 2002 and only skied on artifical as the rest of the hill was green. Still had a great time and the glacier is OK.

Was there last year as well, runs in Ponte are very nice and stay cold as they are sheltered and North Facing.

Enjoy.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mel wrote:
Thanks for the info!
Am about finished packing - but was a bit unsure if I needed walking boots or ski boots!!!

I havent even started packing...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
johnboy wrote:
JonnyRocket,

If you've paid for it, go anyway. It actually looks OK. I was in Tonale in Jan 2002 and only skied on artifical as the rest of the hill was green. Still had a great time and the glacier is OK.

Was there last year as well, runs in Ponte are very nice and stay cold as they are sheltered and North Facing.

Enjoy.

Chose this resort as high altitude and usually snowsure... I somehow overlooked the fact that the pistes aren't too challenging... as an experienced skier, I'm a bit worried that Passo will be able to keep me occupied for a fortnight... what do you reckon ?
snow conditions
Just got back yesterday.......for previous poster (who will still be there!!!) doubt very much you have found enough to entertain you for 2 weeks!!!!!!
Myself - I improved loads there - I did every blue run in resort (repeatedly Confused ), the rest of the family did all the reds and one black (Paradiso run was closed - but did the reds on very top of glacier)
Had a great time - but it's definately a limited resort - and we won't be going back.

And for the snow....it's not looking good right now!! We had one snowfall of approx 2 inches whilst we were there - and most of the fresh snow was gone after a day or so.....helped by the following days winds which blew all the top stuff away! LOL!
Tonale is in DESPERATE need of new snow now....there's shrubbery and stones showing through and the packed runs are getting very icy.
ski holidays
Mel,
Quote:

I improved loads there - I did every blue run in resort (repeatedly ),

Well done snowHead Got to looking at going on some of the red's next trip?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy