Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hemel Ski Centre goes to indoor snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hemel Ski Centre, in Hemel Hempstead, Herts, has obtained full planning permission to build an indoor snow dome. This will consist of a 170m main slope & a 140m Nursery slope, both much wider than Xscape Milton Keynes. Work should start May 07, with the work taking about a year. Due to it's close location to London and it's excellent Ski School & Race Club, I expect it to be an instant success, with many people from London who now drive to Milton Keynes switching to Hemel instead. Can't wait!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have heard from an official source that the dryslope will now remain open and continue thru the 2007/8 winter season and then close for the work to commence.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's a fact. Heard it from the horses mouth today. Too much work to do, Working Drawings, Tender process,Summer groundworks, etc. so closing for build straight after 07/08 season.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
...and last year I was supposed to be doing my dry slope instructor quals there. Now where's my nearest dry slope?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat,
I'm sure that with a lot of practice and training, you just might be able to do you basic qualifications, before it closes for 15 months.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great news, but what's magic about 170m? All the indoor snow slopes seem to be around about this length. If they're going to the expense of building a new one, why not go for, say 300m? I guess there must be some obvious reason I've not thought of...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman, I applied before Christmas 2005, and they rang me two months later on the day I started my new job in France.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jonm,
Hemel is built on an existing earth hill and it happens to be 170m long, 300m although nice is impossible at Hemel. the other indoor snow slopes are built in big sheds.

Wear The Fox Hat,
If you're serious about doing Instructor training at Hemel, let me know, I took the new club instructor 16 week training last year. I know that people are interested in running one this year, now that it's not closing till 08.
If you just want Scottish ASSI, Pete Silver-Gillespie will probably run one this year.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy