Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SMALLZOOKEEPER IS RIGHT!!!

Poster: A snowHead
In an earlier boot help thread, I said this:
Quote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Flexon Phil,
You guys will be happy to know that I was pleasently surprised to find out that the boots fit wonderfully. I'v skied two days with the current "snug in the toes" fit and love them. My feet never got cold, the boots performed wonderfully, and I doubt that I'll ever find a boot I like as much as this one.

After SZK had said this:

Quote:
SnowHot, Always use toe caps. Even on liners with neoprene toe pockets. As for wimps, try it with the toe caps! For me alot of information is gathered this way, comfort threshold etc. By the way, he got the wrap-around on your liners the wrong way around! The outside should be the outside!

Here's an update and a comment on the brilliance of SZK

I went to ESA Stowe(I'll post a report later) I took advantage of the bootfitter available for the Epic Event.
After two solid days of skiing, my thighs burning and my calfs cramping, I went to Benny the bootfitter, and he suggested that I make more room for my toes which would relax my stance a bit.
I had them reheated, used the toe caps for the fitting, stood on his bock of marble and my alignment was "nearly perfect"
Sunday and Monday my thighs were great, me feet felt phenomenal, my skiing was better, and I had to tell everyone, including Fox...........Smallzookeeper is Right and I was wrong!

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ewwww,
SnowHot and Zookee sitting in a tree....

Looks like you've got a new fan SMALLZOOKEEPER Cool

Ok he is a clever boy, but there's no need to tell him an capitals or he'll get all 'IMPORTANT' on us Wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I still think I know more about Boots than he does
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rule 1 SZK is always right
Rule 2 When he's wrong Rule 1 comes into effect
wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rule 3, Rule 1 applies only when LZK says so. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you've got a staff uniform? Shocked Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marc gledhill, Shirt and tie! No of course not. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have to bump up my fitting thread with a little update following the weekend we just had. (as a result, SZK may have to install wider doors in his shop to get his head out)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Photo opportunity with the ESA Stowe Dalbello Devils
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Be careful matey, it's not so easy to cclean thr ceiling
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So what was the advice on toe caps - use toe caps when heatmolding the liner?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh come on, even a broken clock is right twice a day Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skibomb wrote:
So what was the advice on toe caps - use toe caps when heatmolding the liner?

Yea.
The original bootfitter advised me to not use them because the snug fit would give me more performance.
All it really did was cramp my toes, which made me tense up.

After the reheating and molding with the toe caps, I loosened up and got more out of my muscle groups.
Amazing how much Toe comfort effects the whole body!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So, now that you have the Kryptons dialed in...how do they compare to your old boots?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SnowHot, Thx for the clarification. Do bootfitters normally stock such caps, or where can they be obtained?
snow report
skibomb, your bootfitter should have them. Some people improvise with cutting the toes out of some extra thick socks.

What they are is:
Neoprene caps that go over your toes just to the ball of your foot. You put your sock on over the caps and put the bootwith hot liner on for fit.
voila'
Comfy Feet!
ski holidays
SnowHot, Never did this when first heatmolding my liners, and the toes did feel a wee bit uncomfortable, and as a result my whole feet might have felt somewhat restricted.. Might give this a try as well if the problem persists. Thanks! Very Happy
snow report
skibomb, you will not regret it. I didn't! In fact, I feel a little dumb because SZK and FlexonPhil advised me to use the neoprene caps for molding in the first place. Should have listened to them and saved myself some grief.
ski holidays
SnowHot wrote:
skibomb, you will not regret it. I didn't! In fact, I feel a little dumb because SZK and FlexonPhil advised me to use the neoprene caps for molding in the first place. Should have listened to them and saved myself some grief.

Honey, We live and learn...remember what Lola says... "Phil was right" say it with me now.... Phil.... was...right...

It is that easy (and so am I).
ski holidays
What about footbeds, Phil? Twisted Evil
snow report
ssh, you heard about that? It seems they might be a good idea! Laughing
ski holidays
Flexon Phil wrote:
So, now that you have the Kryptons dialed in...how do they compare to your old boots?

Love them!
I have never been happier with a boot!
I owe the guy who talked me into these a Big hug and Kiss!
snow report
SnowHot wrote:
Flexon Phil wrote:

Love them!
I have never been happier with a boot!
I owe the guy who talked me into these a Big hug and Kiss!

What, no tongue?
snow conditions
Flexon Phil wrote:

What, no tongue?

The Krypton's have a tongue. Its on the outside. wink
ski holidays
SnowHot wrote:
Flexon Phil wrote:

What, no tongue?

You SURE it's meant to be on the outside - or is that only if you get them heat moulded properly? Wink
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
SnowHot wrote:
Flexon Phil wrote:

What, no tongue?

You SURE it's meant to be on the outside - or is that only if you get them heat moulded properly? Wink

I'm sure!
snow report
it's all in the "heat" molding. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy