Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How late is last minute

Poster: A snowHead
Hey all, myself and 2 other lads have booked the 13th-21st Jan off work but we're yet to book a trip. We're not really bothered where we fly from as long as its below Manchester! But we regards to booking a late deal... how late is late and can you really get a good deal?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
48 hrs before - if you have the nerve Wink

I once booked 4 hrs before departure - got a pretty good deal though Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In the old days the companies did not make the big price cuts until a fortnight or less before the off.

By old, I mean the days of phone calls and small ads in The Sunday Times.

You can always collect the tickets at the airport, though I do remember once turning up at a suburban semi in East Finchley to collect tickets from a woman and her dog.

I suspect that the internet will make price cuts much easier to delay.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I did read in the times online winter sports section that the travel company release their last minutes the wednesday before so i guess we'll do it then. But generally do you get good deals?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick-o, There will plenty availability from Gatwick if you are happy with the major ski destinations. Two may possibly be easier to sort than three though. You could look on Rocketski and Directski or ring them to give you more info on when the prices drop.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Two may possibly be easier to sort than three though.

It's fair to say that 2 bed places are more numerous but there will often be 3 bed rooms that are particularly cheap because groups of 3 are less common.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My latest is 48 hrs via a TO.... but DIY is less than a day which means just getting in the car and go

You have quite a selection of airports if you want the whole deal... and I've always dealt direct with the TO, like Crystal etc which means just looking up the options online and then getting on the phone.

You could approach it with a view to conditions and then location availablilty and at that time of the season you should get quite a few options.
Have a broad idea of where you'd like to go..and then fine tune it by the day.... Or you could bite the bullet now, get the cheap flight and then tack on everything else when the time comes...you will probably not get the cheapest deal here tho'.

I would start ringing round the TO's in the new year seeing whats what...and have all the money and committment in place on the end of the phone, this should give you the best chance of the cheapest deals in a package. You'll typically end up in LP/LA Tignes/VDI or the 3V
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I haven't booked more than six days in advance for any trip in the past 4 years
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We've always found the Tuesday or Wednesday before departure good for tracking down a bargain. If the package didn't sell at the weekend the TO's start to discount heavily...once two or three people have booked in they think its a goer and start to hike the price again....until you get to admins 48hrs before, we've never been quite that brave!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
if it was me, I'd be going here and getting myself to Fernie or Banff for £299 Smile

http://www.inghams.co.uk/Ski/general/gen_offers.html

Almost pulled this off myself, but the missus bounced the idea Sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We once booked 10 hours before departure. Got a £1k brochure vacation in Courchevel 1850 for £250 each.

You might struggle to find 3 spare places at such short notice, so it might be worth booking ahead if you can find a reasonable deal.

Try Page 226 of ITV Teletext. It is by far the best place for lastminute ski travel.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I try to have booked in advance (2-3 months at much) the big trips, weeks in peak season or similar, but for example, My crazy last minute was take the car to the alps and, in the way, calling some places to sleep... Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nick-o, We have some great last minute deals on for that week and always give reductions to snowheads as well. Have a look at our website www.skialacarte.co.uk and PM or email me if you are interested! Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nick-o, I would say a good last minute deal is a week, less than that you can seem to be in a hurry and desesperate and find yourself with normal prices and also have problem to arrange your airport transfer.
But don't worry you'll propably always find a place at this time of the year.
Good holidays !
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
i've done two last minute packages, each for two people though, at a few days notice. big reductions, one in Courchevel 1650 in a far more upmarket chalet than I'd normally have stayed at. If your flexible about resort, and travelling out of peak times, it's the only way to go.
ski holidays
Did a last minute (well, 1 week) deal this year to LDA for 3 of us. Turned out that just about everyone in the chalet had done the same thing snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy