Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just out of interest?

Poster: A snowHead
So I've got my Scott Missions for the rest of the mountain, but what would you recommend me to use as a pure park ski to make up my quivver. Needs to be a forgiving twin tip, no other considerations neeeded. I'm 5'11 and 103kgs. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
K2 Fujatif
Line Assassin
Atomic Triple
etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could also look at Armada, or skis from 4frnt or ninthward. They all make park-specific skis which will deliver better symmetric flex and soft butter zones.

Personally, me in the Park looks like Ashley Giles bowling: an old bloke trying to do something they weren't very good at 10 years ago and now doing it even less competently, but my feeling is that these newer brands will offer something a little different to what Rossi and Salomon have available.

WTFH Line discontinued the Assassin - I think for someone of Kramer's height the Chronic is probably where it's at in their current offering but don't take my word for it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
zammo, good call - I'm getting forgetful in my old... what were we talking about again?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are you really going to be in a position where you take a "park ski" out and spend all day in the park? I'm not convinced that this whole "quiver" thing works tbh unless you live at the bottom of a hill and can ski in/out and swop them over.

Sods law says the day you take your "park ski" out you'll see some perfect offpiste and wish you had your missions!!

Cheers,

Greg
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, out of interest, this man is on Salomon 1080's (but that was not "perfect off-piste", it was crusty porridge wink )

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 21-12-06 17:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski, I was just mulling it over, perhaps for a glacier summer camp?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yoda, I used to have 1080s as an all round ski, but I am no park man! I switched to the mission for more width, length and stiffness Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, I switched to Scott Aztecs for similar reasons, although as I prefer a softer ski off piste I use the "non-pro" version, keeping the Pros for other stuff.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kramer,

speaking as someone who tends to carry a few too many pounds..... i reckon being a bit lighter might help your jibbing! not that i'm any kind of expert, as soon as i get airbourne i can only think about rejoining terra firma
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kitenski,
Quote:

width, length and stiffness

So you have been getting the same e-mails as me Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dypcdiver, Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kramer, what about a P3?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
comprex, I second that. A fairly stiff park ski, nice all round, and would take the weight. I would think the fugiative is a bit soft for a bigish fella. (No offense Kramer, )
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kramer, the K2 Public Enemies are brilliant: I was surprised by how good they were on glacial ice and they were far superior in the park than the AC3s (unsurprising). Managed surprisingly reasonable air
snow report
Kramer, I ride the K2 Fujative in the park, and its still quite fun on pistes, not exactly a decent ski for carving on though.

its tough and can take abuse from rails and boxes, im happy i bought mine:)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy