Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tesco Travel Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone had any experience?

Noticed that I can get Couples Insurance (Worldwide Annual incl 22 days Winter Sports) for £114.

Sounds alright to me, would cover my 2 ski trips and any other hols next summer.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
doesn't cover for off-piste without a guide though (unless they've changed it since last year)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

doesn't cover for off-piste without a guide though

That might not worry you as you may not have any plans to go off piste, but be aware that some companies will go to almost any lengths to not pay up, that may mean that you go from one piste to another on a well used but off piste area, if you fall ther you are not covered, I'd always get a policy that covers you for unguided off piste
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm with Direct Travel.....includes unlimited trips/year and unaccompanied off piste cover and all for only £96 for the two of us. I'm told they also pay out when you claim, luckily I've never had to find out.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Make sure you always ski with at least one other person.

This is so they can drag you back onto the piste, hence ensuring full insurance cover
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This will be my first trip to Canada. Are there a lot of unpisted runs in Lake Louise?

Homphomp,

Any more details on direct travel?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman, on that basis would you demand that your ski buddy has a bloodwagon?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnboy, phone Ski McNeill in Belfast, I get my annual insurance through them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Annual cover is a good idea. I use the SCGB cover - and found that claims were honoured when I had misfortune. If you are a SCGB member, you might want to check it out.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
D G Orf wrote:
That might not worry you as you may not have any plans to go off piste, but be aware that some companies will go to almost any lengths to not pay up, that may mean that you go from one piste to another on a well used but off piste area, if you fall ther you are not covered, I'd always get a policy that covers you for unguided off piste

I agree with you on that one. I'll also find that even if you want to stay on-piste, ski instructors will often take you off-piste to teach you to ski differing sno-conditions e.g. tree runs/moguls so you don't get a lot of choice in the matter.

Does a marked tree run count as 'on-piste'?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does anyone have any experience of workdski insurance. Specifically Premier Ski Annual, which looks to have a good level of cover including off-piste?

http://www.worldski.co.uk/insurance/default.asp
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't forget to get your E111 when going to an EEC country.

I heard of a Insurance Company that instist you have it with you and would not pay for treatment it covered.

Be warned
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My friend was skiing off piste with her dad- fell and broke her arm, he made her ski to a pisted area before she got blood wagoned! How nasty! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We looked at insurance to offer our clients, based on level of cover & price. We came up with ski-insurance.co.uk. We also use them for our own and staff insurance, they were the only people we found who'd insure seasonaires at a sensible price. From memory they offer annual insurance from £49.00. If you're interested there's a click through from our website www.tracksvacations.com.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Slowplough wrote:
Don't forget to get your E111 when going to an EEC country.

I heard of a Insurance Company that instist you have it with you and would not pay for treatment it covered.

Be warned

Most policies will cover without E111, but will waive the excess if you use E111. It will be in the policy details - you all always read your policies from top to bottom, don't you? Smile
latest report
E111 can also now be used in Switzerland as well as EC countries as they have finally come up with a reciprocal agreement.
snow report
johnboy,

I have an annual policy with Insure & Go for myself, wife and 4 children - cost £69.00 which includes up to 17 days winter sports cover. I know, to my wife's expense, that they pay out (over £500 for Mrs. Hywel's ruptured ACL in Obergurgl last year) and they renewed the policy this year for the same price.

http://www.insureandgo.com/
ski holidays
johnboy wrote:
ski holidays
johnboy, You can look at the Direct Travel Policy details at www.direct-travel.co.uk
ski holidays
johnboy wrote:

Quote:

This will be my first trip to Canada. Are there a lot of unpisted runs in Lake Louise?

Whoops, sorry about that, I pressed the wrong button and submitted instead of selecting the quote. In the few seconds it took me to delete the post, someone else had posted a message, and the software overruled my delete!

Anyway.

There's a lot of ungroomed (unpisted) runs at Lake Louise - that's a major part of its attraction, but it doesn't count as "off piste" in the same sense of that word in Europe. Everything within the ski area boundary is avalanche controlled and patrolled. - The equivalent in N. America is really "back-country" (i.e. outside the ski area boundary).

Your insurance should cover you for ungroomed trails within the LL boundaries.

For what its worth, we have an annual travel policy from James Hampden (recommended as a "best buy" in "Which" a few years ago, in which I've extended the winter sports cover to 21days. Can't remember exactly how much it cost, but it was on a par with most other packages I looked at. Never had any problems claiming for medical expenses when I tore my MCL in an ungroomed area at Sunshine Village.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy