Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Female Canadian ski jumpers to file complaint against IOC

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A group of female Canadian ski jumpers are going to confront the International Olympic Committee (IOC) with a human-rights complaint alledging gender discrimination. They claim that the IOC is discriminating against them by allowing men, but not women, to jump in the 2010 Games in Vancouver....Apparently, the group’s complaint is that the federal government is providing public funds to something that allegedly discriminates on the basis of gender.

See: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20061220.wxbcolympics20/BNStory/National/home
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I really don't understand the IOC's position on this, and honestly it doesn't seem like they's tried very hard to explain it, unless I've missed something.

As for the lawsuit, I see the following compromise as a possible outcome (realising that the suit is centered around the fact the public funds are being spent on the project): The court can't force the IOC's hand, but the Organising Committe could independantly agree to host a women's Ski Jumping event the week before the games start, which would raise the profile of the sport and put pressure on the IOC to ultimately change its position.

I can't realistically see the Jumpers getting anything more out of this unless they are seriously willing to pull the funding (which would be counter-productive to their cause), and this compromise would also allow the Organising Committe to save face and convincingly say that they are doing as much as they can. Both sides come out looking good, and pressure is put on the IOC.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy