Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Got board, need boots....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Got one of those discount board / bindings / boots sets off of ebay and although the board and bindings seem cool, the boots are a little on the 'Frankenstein' side – I'm sure the mafia could use them instead of 'concrete shoes' if you get my drift?

I've decided to keep the board and the bindings (£170 for the B n B is pretty good in my book) but I'm gonna shufty the boots off on ebay and buy some better ones. the question is....

... what is a good budget boot?

I'm looking at Burton Tributes (£99 from www.boardshop.co.uk) or Burton Moto boots (about £30 more I believe). I've also seen some Head 360s for £70 on ebay that look like they'll be okay. Can anyone suggest any other decent boots for about that money?

Basically, the ones I've got feel too thick all around the foot meaning I can't get the boot into the binding properly - there's just too much 'mass'!

I've just got my missus some Burton Emeralds and they are sweet and she says they feel snug as anything without them being too bulky, even with the thick liners that those boots carry.

Suggestions are most welcome. I know boots are purely a personal thing due to everyone's feet being vastly different (I have wide size 11s) but if anyone has got boots they feel are reliable and pretty cheap to get hold of, then let me know and I'll check them out on my boot shopping day on Saturday.

Cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy