Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la clusaz, grand massif , chamonix, megeve, pds, st gervais etc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
just got back from this area of the alps 2 hrs ago. hate to give bad news but unless it snows from now until the weekend it's going to be one lousy xmas for anyone going to.....la clusaz, grand massif (flaine not too bad but still desperate), chamonix, megeve, pds, st gervais, - seriuosly I been through all of these areas in the last week and it's not looking good.

It seriously felt like spring two days ago. Cold now but no snow in sight, locals I spoke to very worried for the future.

Regards
The Grim Reaper Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
it will come, 23rd Dec is my bet for a serious dump

[ i don't really know but you hear all sorts of things from the farmers...100days from the first leaf to fall from the trees, the onion skins are thick, the sheep are doing all the right things etc etc]
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You go on the new moon theory then? Guy Cattai, piste director of la Mongie believes the same. The weather forecasts say no snow before the NY and warm weather. I've got my mountain bike out for now.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
La Clusaz webcam is showing snow cover now and the higher Balme ski area is open.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NorthWestFace, just for the avoidance of doubt: did you actually ski all those areas and did you chat to the pisteurs about their ambitions as to what they'd be able to open?

Compagnie du Mont Blanc, f'rinstance (for whatever reason, and I doubt their long range weather forecasting is any better than anyone else's) have had a stated opening date of December 23rd since (IIRC) some time in September.

The locals are ALWAYS worried about something. Last winter in Morzine you couldn't have a friendly banter in the bar in late March without someone complaining that it had been too long and hard a winter without enough sunshine (!??). I think the Savoyards have taken the English habit of always complaining about the weather too much to heart.

Anyway, main point is that bro-and-sis-in-law skied Grands Montets Saturday and Sunday last and said that while the off piste wasn't great for your bases the snow was surprisingly good and the on piste was fine. I am led to believe that similar situations exist on at least the higher runs in much of the Haute Savoie.

Do not under-estimate the operator's ability to make a lot of skiing out of not a lot of snow.

However, equally, do not underestimate the capability of the entire population of Paris to undo much of that work Twisted Evil

P.S. davidof, given that the new moon's arrival is reasonably predictable (isn't it?) then any significant correlation between it's arrival and snow fall would surely have been noticed by now...that said, given Luna's effects on much of what else goes on in the world, it wouldn't surprise me - but has anyone run the numbers?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cross post to this thread
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I maintain that given the number of people about to descend onto not very much snow it's going to be very bad - just wait and see.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

do not underestimate the capability of the entire population of Paris to undo much of that work

Davidof said the French had all cancelled?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone heard anything of a snowfall in the new year? am off to La Clusaz on the 2nd Jan. Not sure if I should take my board or hiking gear. Sad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, Do not underestimate the capability of the entire population of Paris to all behave like lemmings.

(BTW did you know that the whole lemming/cliff thing was entirely spurious?)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy