Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another trip to the ZOO

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
SZK assessed my jacket colour (fluoro-lime green) and my the colour of my skis (last year's Blizzard Titan 9s - also fluoro-lime green).

"There's only one thing for you," he said and handed me a pair of these:

SWEET! Toofy Grin

Actually, we went through the whole process as described in WTFH's excellent post (including getting a shell size at least one smaller than previous boots). We also spent some time debating whether the Spriit 4 was made out of PU or Pebax. Scarpa's marketing literature wasn't the clearest on this. We also discussed the vexed subject of what is the difference between all these new Dynafit bindings. Anyways, I came out with some FTs... I think....

The whole process was very good and I have some very nicely fitting touring boots. They ski brilliantly compared with my old touring boots. This is no doubt partly to do with the boot, but mostly it is down to having something that fits my foot properly.

The dynafit bindings are pretty good. They feel very good for skiing. I did feel a bit of a knob though when I got to the bottom of the Bochard gondola for the first time and realised I had no idea how to get my boot out of them! Fortunately Idris of Natives and TGR fame was around to lend a (slightly amused) helping hand.

THANKS SMALLZOOKEEPER!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arno, good to hear another tale of success!

One thing I noticed the other day and puzzled me - why do the buckles on touring boots do up the opposite way from alpine boots? Is there a particular reason for it or just tradition?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eng_ch, I am sure Scarpa will have some sort of technical mumbo jumbo for why - they have done it this way all the time I've been using their boots. I find that the buckles over the foot don't make much difference in a well fitted boot. Can usually ski just as well with them done or undone
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno, I noticed some Garmonts did the same.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno,
Quote:

Anyways, I came out with some FTs

Frosty The snowman?!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eng_ch, I think Dynafit's boots which have two buckles over the foot have one buckle going one way and the other going the other way. Again, no idea why
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno, green is the new orange. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A man went to the zoo
The only animal on display was a small dog
It was a shitzu

(barum-tish)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, ....... did he have to pay an admission fee ..... ? Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arno, AIUI, the point of having the finger-lifts of the clips on the top of the boot is that they are less likely to get caught up on and flipped open by rocks etc (I guess ropes too) when walking/clambering around. One guy I was with last year couldn't work out why the buckles on his Garmonts were opposite ways either, so got one changed around when when got into the Zoo at the end of the week. I suppose it's possible the reasoning goes that when the other way around the clip can get caught up in a crampon on the other boot - and with them in opposite directions you stand a chance of not flipping both open at the same time.

My buckles have also been doing very little up until now, but now CEM's worked his magic on them it looks like the excess pressure has been sorted and the buckles may actually have something to do in future. I should find out in three weeks time (and six, and nine, and eleven..Very Happy ).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy