Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
Lou wrote:
Standee, snow is great in Les Gets at the mo though the season does officially finish on 20th, not sure where you are heading?

Had a good run on the Arbis, though someone had put some moguls on the steep bits just for me, aagh......couldn't help looking wistfully over at Mont Chery though. Skiied back down after very pleasant drink in the sun at top of Fys chair, must have been last down, bliss Cool

We are staying in Morzine, Avoriaz is still open as far as I am aware.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looking at the webcams in Les Gets it looks like it has just started dumping again. Wonder how long it will take until this turns to rain as the charts are forecast to get a bit warmer.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mont Chery was kept open a week longer than planned cos of all the lovely snow that fell over Easter, so those of us who were there last week can be grateful. Sorry it's closed now, tho.

Got home Saturday night after a truly excellent week in Les Gets. Highlights: first tracks down Arbis on Monday morning; just-when-you-think-the-snow-will-run-out-it-snows-again conditions; my daughter hitting 58.9mph on out host's GPS (OK it's probably wrong, but it was worth it for the daft look on her face); my son skiing powder down the back of Mt Chery; the last night jam session in our chalet's cave with our host and ski instructor; that unbelievably perfect combination of deep blue sky, rich green pine and brilliant white below. Oh, and the most stupid panda-eyes sunburn I've ever acquired.

Woke up Sunday morning to find 2 inches of snow in Cheltenham. Shocked Puzzled But now it's all gone for 9 months or so... Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Who was the jamming ski instructor andyph?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andyph wrote:
Mont Chery was kept open a week longer than planned cos of all the lovely snow that fell over Easter, so those of us who were there last week can be grateful. Sorry it's closed now, tho.

Got home Saturday night after a truly excellent week in Les Gets. Highlights: first tracks down Arbis on Monday morning; just-when-you-think-the-snow-will-run-out-it-snows-again conditions; my daughter hitting 58.9mph on out host's GPS (OK it's probably wrong, but it was worth it for the daft look on her face); my son skiing powder down the back of Mt Chery; the last night jam session in our chalet's cave with our host and ski instructor; that unbelievably perfect combination of deep blue sky, rich green pine and brilliant white below. Oh, and the most stupid panda-eyes sunburn I've ever acquired.

Woke up Sunday morning to find 2 inches of snow in Cheltenham. Shocked Puzzled But now it's all gone for 9 months or so... Crying or Very sad

I hope there is some decent snow left from the 19th, fingers crossed.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Standee, don't worry, the snow in Avoriaz isn't going anywhere for a while. Had an excellent morning skinning up the Chesery, and up to a peak on the right ridge of the vorla valley. Don't know its name. Snow conditions were excellent, and we had to call it a day by 1 pm because it started sumping with snow (again)...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All that snow must be getting tiring Snowmonkey wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PhillipStanton, that would be Joe Beer.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pouring with rain here in Morzine, sleet/rain in Avoriaz. Managed a quick circuit this morning before it really set in. Posted some pics of Mondays amazing powder over in the piste section.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

my daughter hitting 58.9mph on out host's GPS (OK it's probably wrong, but it was worth it for the daft look on her face);

If she was going for it down a steep then it could be correct. We have recorded 59-61mph (with no one else on the slope I might add).

If she normally skis at a more moderate pace then maybe it was left on in the car!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
andyph - ah, Mr Beer - a most excellent ski instructor / musician / electrician. Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Back in UK now whinge whinge. Great time in Flaine and three days skiing in LG. Stopped for a bite at Le Yeti on Tuesday, by the time we came out there was several cm MORE! Spoilt for choice, freshtracks everywhere! We were so so lucky and pistes were so quiet too. Was sad about Mont Chery as I love Marmotte and we could see all the snow up there. Most of the runs were still open when we left yesterday but it was raining hard. Hopefully won't make too much of a difference.

Bon ski to anyone still lucky enough to be going....

I do have some new (ex rental, my first) skis to look at to keep me sane Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A week today and we'll be in the air, are we flying to mountainbiking or skiing?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Standee - defo skiing. The rain has had an effect. But there's still plenty there.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PhillipStanton wrote:
Standee - defo skiing. The rain has had an effect. But there's still plenty there.

You never know, we might get a few late flurries this week to freshen it all up nicely for us, well, you can live in hope eh!
ski holidays
It has snowed pretty heavily overnight and for most of the day. Good levels as well down to 1000 m. The conditions are great, the clients have gone home, and everyone is happy! Plus a few of us are going heliskiing at the weekend.

What an excellent season it has been... Very Happy
ski holidays
Snowmonkey, enjoy the rest of the season and thanks for the updates snowHead
snow report
Snowmonkey wrote:
Plus a few of us are going heliskiing at the weekend.

Stop having so much fun. I'm sure it's not good for you Toofy Grin
latest report
I can't believe it's still snowing, but it's pelting down nice big flakes here in Les Gets. Forecast to be sunny tomorrow so that will probably be my last morning on the slopes as I'm then away for a few days. There's still so much snow up there, but the season ends on Sunday...(Avoriaz ends 27th, I think, and I was told yesterday by an instructor up there that conditions are very good still, Standee).
snow report
Cheers Snowzebra, getting really excited now, gutted the season ends when there is still snow about but I guess it takes time to wind things down ready for the summer.
snow report
Just come back from quick last ski. Fab sunshine, lots of snow still, a tiny bit mushy lower down but still good skiing. Apparently Avoriaz towards Switzerland yesterday had great powder and almost no skiers left. Well, it's been a wonderful season for me...there's still a few days left here in Les Gets and another week in Avoriaz and I have just looked at the Chamonix meteo which forecasts more snow!
ski holidays
snowzebra wrote:
Just come back from quick last ski. Fab sunshine, lots of snow still, a tiny bit mushy lower down but still good skiing. Apparently Avoriaz towards Switzerland yesterday had great powder and almost no skiers left. Well, it's been a wonderful season for me...there's still a few days left here in Les Gets and another week in Avoriaz and I have just looked at the Chamonix meteo which forecasts more snow!

Oh no, how am I going to cope tomorrow and Friday without you updating me!!!!!

Seriously, thanks to you and everyone else who has posted, I'll remember to log in and comment about what it is like next week whilst we are there.

3 MORE SLEEPS!!!!
snow conditions
Have a great trip Standee.
snow conditions
PhillipStanton wrote:
Have a great trip Standee.

Cheers, we will do our best! Hope my sister gets bitten by the bug!
snow report
Yep have a good trip Standee, I've gone a funny sort of green colour Madeye-Smiley Webcams looked good today.
latest report
Today looked pretty special on the webcams, deserted and powder filled Going green
snow report
Been a while since a post - as funnily enough we have benn enjoying empty pistes, fab snow and some great off piste. Even with the predicted higher temperatures this weekend we shoudl have fantastic conditions up until the last day a week on Sunday.

Talking to others we have agreed that this has been the snowiest/wettest/non-sunny April in 6/7 years!!!!
latest report
Got back from Avoriaz on Saturday, fantastic last week, a bit slushy in the afternoons but that is to be excpected, just starting to book next season now!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Feeling very jammy indeed today. We booked our flights for Geneva last night for Feb half term 2009 and we'll be in Morzine for the week. When we checked out the flights it was going to cost us nearly £600 extra to fly on the Saturday unless we booked the flight that gets in after 10pm - not an option. So we booked for the Friday (13th incidentally Shocked ) thinking we'd have to grovel to little geetee's new school - although I was hoping not too much as she'll only be in reception. Anyway, I was checking out the school website this morning and the school diary says that they have an inset day planned for the Friday. No grovelling required - yay! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 283 sleeps to go.
latest report
geetee, guess you're going to have to change that location tag wink
ski holidays
who has flights out already geetee??
latest report
kitenski, BA. Easyjet only have up until October IIRC.
snow report
kitenski, BA still have some good fares for next season, they've only gone up a little since I booked end March (for March) to Geneva.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 7-05-08 20:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Going to be expensive next season if the Euro keeps getting stronger.
snow conditions
Standee, you're right. Maybe we'd better stay at home then. Yeah right! Laughing
snow report
kitenski - and Swiss.

BA book 350 days out. Swiss book 11 calendar months out.
ski holidays
Just got back from summer hols and my mates are talking about the snow already. So i thought i may as well get this thread up at the begining again. So Bump Very Happy

March is the month for us Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Nice to see the PDS thread back again Very Happy I have a small problem that I'm looking for some help on. We're going out for half term in Feb and have booked our daughter (who will be 5 next Feb) into BASS ski school lessons. We were hoping that for a couple of the days we'd be able to book a nanny to drop her off in the morning and pick her up afterwards. Unfortunately Cheeky Monkeys (who we used last Easter and were excellent) are already fully booked. I'm waiting on Jack Frosts replying to my email but on their website it looks like they only book a week at a time. I now realise that I should have booked the nanny at the same time as I booked the lessons!!! rolling eyes There will be other people for us to ski with so the worst case scenario is that we ski a couple of days/afternoons independently. We were planning on skiing as a family for several days anyway.

Also, I've never been at half term before so realistically what should I expect? Is it going to be completely mobbed?
snow report
bigtoe, went to LG in March this year and it was epic!
LG certainly had the better share of the snow than Morzine, with the lower slopes in Morzine quickly going to shoite just two days after the snow fell. LG was brill though, especially the high runs (PDN and Chamoissere) and the bowl above LG.
snow conditions
geetee

I have been the last couple of half term weeks.

It is busy espescially around the resorts base but leave them and its fine, we found plenty of empty bits. You just have to study the maps a bit and get away from the main lift runs out and back to the resorts.

Enjoy

Specialman

Yes LG is good and we have found the lower slopes better than Morzine in the past. I wanted to ski chamosier (spelt wrong sorry) Last year but group i was with wimped out on it as it was getting on a bit in the day. We then allways headed upto Avoriaz as the snow was loads better and less busy. Still there is allways this coming March.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy