Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica Eliminator 170 or 178?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Nordica Eliminator 170 or 178?

I can get one length or the other. I am male, 6ft 4 and 16 stone.

I like messing around on red runs, fairly aggressive with a bit of easy off piste. Will the 8cm make any discernable difference?

Thanks in anticipation.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IMHO 8cm will make a difference - you'll find the shorter ones easier to turn but the longer ones more stable at speed and give you more float in the light powder. If I were you, and weighed 16 stone I'd get the 178 minimum, if not bigger.

Good luck

BB
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm the same size as you and a BASI instructor i would go for the 170cm, ive skied the skis your asking about, good choice for you.

I wouldn't go any bigger you will find them a bit slow edge to edge + the stability at high speeds between the two lengths is very small, don't believe all the hype, it only makes a difference when your going at the speed of light, if you are going to be going that fast then these aren't for you!!!

Hope that helps!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very Happy clear as mud

cheers
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounds very short to me for someone your size

I would have said 178 is too short for you but I don't know this ski specifically.
It sounds like you will have to split the difference and demo yourself
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just to complicate matters, I have just spoken to the shop and they say unless I was spending the majority of my time off piste, they would recommend the 170 fopr someone of my build. They said the ski was stiff enough not to require the extra 8cm.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy