Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

trip to the Zoo - part deux

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I must begin by saying that I do not work in the Zoo or any of my family are not married to the Zoo keeper Toofy Grin

Big kudos to the Zoo Keeper.

Last year I got new boots fitted by one of SMK minions. Skied on them for about 40 days last year but they didn't feel right. I brought them back round to the wee shop at the foot of the Aguille to see if there was something that should be done to them. SMK looked at them for 1.32 seconds (yep, I timed him) and threw them to the other end of the room.

We then started the boot fitting process again. I was given boots that were 1 full size too big for me the first time round and in super good faith SMK aknowledged the mistake and gave me brand spanking new boots and I only had to pay the difference.

For all you non-free-riders ( Toofy Grin ) who are coming over I would recommend a trip to the zoo and you will also be sure of getting sorted out the second time round if something goes wrong the first time.

The new boots are red - all I wanted was green boots Sad but they do ski well Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
smolo, Oi, Sean, massive apologies again for my ACID P.M. yesturday. You frightened the hell out of me last night and i am glad to have put things right. You really know how the Apres Ski thing works am am considering changing my choice of supported club to your beloved CELTIC. Just for the record, i'm no SCARFACE, nor publicity seeking SHOPKEEPER, just a CHATTY SNOWHEAD, sensitive of his position and passionate in his work. I love you. Little Angel I hope Tova and Roger are too in better spirits as my comments were not ment to be offensive, just a giggle at fellow Chamoninards expense. wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, What have we all told you about posting when on ACID rolling eyes

A TRIP to the ZOO. Hmmmmmm it all falls into place. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would like to play the HONESTY CARD here, i did fit Sean's boots the first time around. It wasn't anyone else, IT WAS ME(INCLUDING HANGOVER, although, this changes not too much!)
He has big feet and almost the biggest difference between L&R i've ever seen, after deliberating with his good self last year, given the level of his skiing, we plumped for the 29 shell, albiet, high volume. Since, i belive, Sean skis a whole lot better and needs a more precise fit.
This week we tried a few shells and decided, that given the previous choice, we went the wrong way. We edged on the side of caution and plumped for the bigger shell with a denser, higher volume liner. Rightly, he called our bluff. He's now in a shell most couldn't suffer, Pro Skiers included, he feels this could still be more precise. This is all down to judgement, expierence and risk, one at the time(Due to the Festive season's early mornings!) i called badly. Sorry Sean. Embarassed
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy