Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier snow?

Poster: A snowHead
Just looked at the Televerbier website, it shows an increase in snow depths since yesterday, however it doesn't report any new snow since 10 Dec. Anyone out there report how things are?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is snow, the lifts are opening up slowly and there is plenty of easy cruising.

The last snow fall was on 10th December, although we were predictied snow showers for yesterday, in the evening we had some 'frozen rain', by the morning we had an inch of, incohesive, fresh snow.

So far this morning the flakes have grown a little and the pressure has dropped.

Not sure what will happen with the current snowfall but it is not as desperate here as is being rumoured...

If we don't get anymore snowfall between now and Christmas it may be a little grim for those arriving on the 23rd, as what is here will see a fair bit of traffic.

Fingers crossed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks parlor, my season starts on 6 Jan so not too concerned at this stage. The website this morning is quoting 70cm at the top and 50cm at midstation whereas yesterday those figures were 60 and 35, yet they also say nothing new fell yesterday. Seems a bit odd
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Roughly half the lifts are open today. Snow depths in Verbier are only about 10 - 20% below the 15-year average right now. So the overall situation does not look too bad. The latest 16-day forecast shows little or no snow between now and Jan 3. After a busy Holiday Season, Verbier might struggle a bit in the New Year. Still plenty of time to change, though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Toofy Grin Hi my first post to Snowheads, but been reading for last couple of weeks.

Skied in Verbier yesterday and today.

Yesterday good in the morning, but quite busy. In afternoon very flat light. Snow conditions in Lac des Vaux very good fast and packed, La Chaux a little bare in places. Although piste shut the skied down to Verbier but was grassy in places.

This morning had snowed a few cm overnite and then continued to snow lightly all day. Travelled over to Siviez here conditions good, skiing down from Grippon Blanc over towards Tyron quite bare and very bumpy. Back to Verbier great run down to Lac des Vaux and then to Ruinette, but legs now tired so got bubble all way down to La Chable, the run down to Verbier today looked much better with a few extra cms of snow. Slopes very quite, at one stage got worried everbody had gone home or we were lost!!!

Looking at Ski's this evening, a little scratched, lots of small stones pulled to surface in places

Last day in Verbier tomorrow, then going over to Saas Fee. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thunderer, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thunderer, welcome. Good first post too!

Hope you've enjoyed your stay...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Has there been much snow this week?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marc gledhill, not really, a little on Monday... nothing on the horizon, seaweed is flat, no red sky, neither night nor morning, no abnormal sensations in bones... errr...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
parlor, Oh, and indeed, Ah!

Confused
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There seems to be snow in them there 'ills. snowHead

Is it likely to continue though? After sobering up I realised I'll be there in 18 days Little Angel
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've just come back from spending New Year in Verbier. There is, indeed, snow in them there hills...

We woke up to rain in resort on 1 January, which turned into snow around midday. It snowed overnight; all day and it was still snowing when we left at 18:00 today.

Unfortunately the amount of snow pushed up the avalanche risk to 4 - so not much was open today - the lifts and runs under Ruinettes and La Chaux. The skiing was great, but somewhat hampered by strong winds at the the top of La Chaux (I got frost nip in the nose); zero visibility and everyone in resort trying to ski the limited amount that could be seen...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My mate who is out there reports good snow and he was off piste on 3rd Jan skiing in powder with some local bods !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PhillipStanton, me, shortwelshstuff and Yoda (our Yoda not snowHead Yoda) are off to Verbier on 7th March for a long weekend. snowHead snowHead snowHead Something to look forward to after having to leave all that lovely snow behind in Whistler. Very Happy Any tips for us?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rayscoops, not sure skiing off piste in powder with a recent heavy snow fall, high winds, poor visibility and avalanche risk of 3 is such a good plan, even with the locals. Or perhaps I'm just jealous and want some left for me when I go out there on Saturday Very Happy
ski holidays
actually my mate came back yesterday and was not too happy about sharing the piste with millions of people, apparantely they were bus-ing the people in because of adverse conditions else where and only a few runs were open, apparantely !!

agree it seems a bit silly of him, but he always follows me when I say 'come on lets head this way', fool eh !
ski holidays
I am in Verbier at the moment and was out today. Yesterday was awesome, so long as you were out early and avoided the crowds. I skied lots of fresh powder between 0930 and 1130 under clear blue skies, before it got really really busy. Easily the best day of the season so far.

Today was overcast and windy at altitude, but much less busy. It has snowed a little today but the temperature has risen. Nevertheless the snow cover on piste is good, particularly where televerbier have been able to use snow cannons. Televerbier have also worked really hard keeping on piste conditions passable - last week (before the snowfall) on piste conditions were remarkably good, albeit crowded.

All of the itineraries are still officially closed, but people were skiing Tortin today. Off piste conditions are still a little bare but the big snowfall earlier this week has really helped on the less rocky slopes. Everything that is easy to access is naturally tracked out already, but hey, that's Verbier for you.

It's snowing lightly right now and the temp is hovering around freezing.
snow report
M80euf, thanks for that. Keep the snow dance going.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy