Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton situation (Winter Resumed)

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks for the advice.

looking colder next week with snow possible.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Weather Outlook

Temperatures will remain spring-like and mild.

On Sunday, a significant change in weather . Next week the winter will return to teh region.
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Started raining last night but this morning it's snowing. The local weather forecast tells me to expect -10 up the mountain but it's only about -2 outside my door and the local webcam TV station says -4 on Gampen so I can only assume the temperature is going to drop during the day. We'll see.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whoops! All of a sudden Gampen webcam says -8 !!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Forecast to Snow all week Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton wrote:
Forecast to Snow all week Very Happy

Having got back Saturday this will be very welcome. Above say 1800 metres there was plenty of snow although the easily accessible off psite was pretty tracked out. The main issue was that it was very warm and by even late morning most south facing runs were very slushy. best snow conditions in the reigon were in Rendl, Stuben and Zurs. On our two trips over to Lech, the runs were incredibly heavy. There weren't many days that legs were up to skiing beyond 1530 due to the heavy conditions. Nethertheless there was excellent skiing and we had a great time in my case embarassing myself in slushy bumps.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We had some new snow today and started snowing again this evening.

Not quite the big dump we were expecting but new snow is good snow ... Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Overnight outside my looks like another 6 inches on next door's roof so higher up .... snowHead Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
any updates on recent snow fall and current conditions?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
After my last post we had the best powder conditions of the season on the Wednesday 21st I think it was. AFter that no new snow although remained cold for a few days (-10 ish). A couple of days ago it started to get warmer but not warm like it was 2-3 weeks ago - more normal cold in the morning, with boiler plate pistes, slushy by 2pm lower down - i.e. typical spring weather

I came back to UK last night for a few days. Yesterday was spring conditions.

Optimists believe that recent snowfall guarantees decent enough piste skiing for Easter. Pesimists, well they are pessimists aren't they?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
B00thy, I am an optimist and will be there at easter in the pow Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just got back from St A yesterday. A fabulous week of weather with sun everyday and no wind. Plenty of snow above about 1600m.

Virtually all lifts and most pistes above 1800m were open and excellent. Lower down its mostly artificial but lovely spring skiing none the less.
Later in the afternoon the lowest runs become very mushy.

The skiing at Zurs was particularly good and anything remotely north facing had superb snow.

Should be good for another couple of weeks yet although the lowest runs will probably break up. However at some time its bound to turn cooler again and April is ocasionally very snowy. Laughing

The season is going well. Its all been about altitude this year.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peter S, Thanks for the update, sounds good, arriving on Thursday!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pete,

If the weather's good the very best skiing will probably be at Stuben and Zurs (both sides were very good but the Muggenjoch was fantastic). Gampen was the only area that was really showing any serious signs of wear and tear, but plenty of skiing for all.

Best of all i didn't hit a rock all week.

The Mooserwirt is currently the livliest place to apres right now. Just don't try to walk up to it from the down like we did !

Have a fabulous time. Pete S.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Peter S, was it a bit wet underfoot walking up to Mooserwirt or did you walk around by the road? I'll definitely get over to Stuben and Zurs, when I was there at New Year the weather closed in so didn't get a chance to get over that far.
ski holidays
still good here
snow report
'fraid I've got to start work again so left yesterday after a couple hours. It was pretty warm but got some decent spring snow skiing in. Might sneak another weekend in, conditions permitting.
ski holidays
Rendl & Stuben still excellent.

Nasserein is closing this week.

KK closed yesterday. Underground On Piste closing next Saturday 15th . Moose, Griabli closing 22nd.

Only slopes open after 22nd will be Stuben with the Galzigbahn running (maybe) a few lifts an hour to get people over there.

ISCHGL

Excellent conditions on upper slopes (better than St Anton) . Possible to ski to town on both sides of valley.
snow report
stanton, hi there, I'm supposed to be doing a Eurotest GS in St Christoph area 26th or 27th of April - any local info on how the conditions are over there - how's the race piste? - any info welcome. cheers
ski holidays
just finished 4 days in St Anton. Base seems ok but quite a bit of rocks coming through at top of Rendl black, generally very choppy or slushy by late morning, great fun though and blue sky. was a bit brown in places heading down to St Christoph
snow report
dg3
St Christoph is OK but that will be the only slope/lift left open when your going.

Very HOT today. Piste disappearing fast in valley but will hold up till end of season.

Underground on Piste has been sold to some Brit. Joan wi
snow report
That's odd. I heard that the proposed sale of the Underground to the Irish buyer had fallen through and she had decided to hold onto it for a couple more seasons at least. Is this a new buyer do you know?
snow report
stanton, cheers for that - out of interest, what sort of slope gradient is the race piste - my brother reckoned it was a blue with a couple of steeper pitches within it?
ski holidays
Hi rayscoops, good that you got back safely.

Back yesterday from St Anton, Stuben in the best of nick on the runs in the direction of the village. Has been very warm and a major mogul minefield on all lower slopes around Galzig, my girlfriend hates them! Zurs also pretty good, Lech got very slushy, up at the top around Valluga was still firm in the afternoon. Bought a pair of Volkl Karmas for €150 in Jennewein Sports and they just love the slush! See some photos at http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/search.php?searchid=293.
snow conditions
Peter Ross, good to meet up, glad you enjoyed yourself. sorry B00thy, that I never managed to give you a call, too pished and boarding all day Very Happy Waiting for next season now. When is the BoSB?
ski holidays
VERY AWRM here for time of year.

This is from the official website & is what Ihave been hearing the last couple of days.

>>>Shall the snow conditions remain good, ski-runs and ski-lift for the Rendl and the Gampen-Kapall will be open until 22.04.2007. In the Galzig-Arlenmähder area, as well as in St. Christoph and Stuben are open until the 01.05.2007.<<<<

The valley run from Rauz to Stuben has collapsed into the river so its only the old road down there. A Kayjak would be usefull Very Happy

Conditions are WET from 10:00 (latest).

Stuben North Face & Zurs are still very good.

To some up worse meltdown I have seen in many years but it hasnt helped by the severe lack of snow this winter.

Currently around 30C in town Very Happy

Im out of here roll on the Southern Hemisphere Very Happy
latest report
Re Underground.

Joan has to stay on (for 2 yrs at least ) as she has the licence and its not tranferable & its very unlikely another licence will be granted or given to the property or more bluntly a foreigner.

One deal fell thoughn becuase the person wanted to level the joint and put something else up.

Re Lifts

Zammermoss has to be taken down & rebuilt as the Montain is moving.
The new Galzigbahn was running slöw this season because there is a vibration on first Pylon. The cable need to re-spliced >Oouch Expensive Very Happy

Lifts to Kappl before 2010
snow report
stanton,

I heard that there's also an access problem to the Underground on the piste, something to do with rights of way on the access road. Looks like Joan will eventually be pushed out by the local 'laws'. Was also told that the Galzigbahn was running at half speed due to a cable vibratioin problem, do you know who picked up the bill for the new cable work?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB

It is a private road.

Originally her house then a chalet and recently setup as commercial business on a private road.
She won her long running court battle & only got the full resturant licence last year.

However, a raft of new fire legislation will have to be implemented for her to continue. The ceiling are to low, Fire Escapes in-adequate.

Galzigbahn
I dont know but I expect the constructors will have to pay for the cable re-splice etc.
ski holidays
Some photos from last weekend

snow report
I was blasting down there last Tuesday, I'm glad I bought fat skis in case off water hazards like this!
ski holidays
ahhh, it is but a far off distant memory now Crying or Very sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy