Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Czechs injured, 1 critically, in avalanche in Austria's Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The season has just started ...
Quote:
INNSBRUCK, Austria: An avalanche briefly buried three Czechs in Austria's Alps on Saturday, critically injuring one of the tourists, authorities said.

The snow slide struck in the Gurgler Ferner area of the alpine province of Tyrol, rescue officials said. They said two of the victims managed to free themselves and dig out the third, who was seriously hurt. The others suffered only minor injuries.

A helicopter took the critically injured Czech to a hospital, authorities said.

Avalanches are commonplace in the Alps and kill or injure dozens of skiers, snowboarders and hikers each year.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/12/16/europe/EU_GEN_Austria_Avalanche.php
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here we go... rolling eyes

I hope for a full recovery to those involved! The conditions around europe appear to be the same or worse than last year.

According to the Henry talk I attended, a prime cause of the increased avalanche risk last year was a poor base at this time, and subsequent heavy snow falls = INCREASE RISK!

Take care, please dont be a statistic by season end!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thoughts to all those affected and best wishes to the 3 involved.

BMF_Skier, well said! I do a bit of winter mountaineering and we're taught to assess the avalanche risk before we set out. I think there are a large proportion of the skiing/boarding population (not all!) who don't think about the risk. With all the ski huts, masses of people etc, skiing on a mountain covered in pure white snow doesn't carry the same level of danger as if you went to the same mountain to hike or ice climb to the top.

Just some thoughts.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy