Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What should I do to new skis to get them slope ready ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going on 3 ski hols this season so decided to buy own equipment. Skis are beginner to intermediate all mountain rossignols. Was told that the skis are ready to ski as they have factory wax on. Is this correct ? Should I have the skis serviced and waxed or just use them as they are ? (Edges also seem a bit blunt)

Sorry to bore everyone with so basic a question but quite new to all this. Also now my choice of xmas resort is almost completely open need something other than the snow reports to worry about Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
> What should I do to new skis to get them slope ready ?

fit bindings ? Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

book a holiday? Confused
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.

'make sure they match your outfit'
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You lot are just mean Toofy Grin

wmmmw, this previous thread may be of a bit more help than the above suggestions!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wmmmw, if you are going by plane ask the pilot if you can pracice your snowplough in the aisle whilst taking off and landing Laughing Laughing

This should get rid of that factory wax Confused
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cathy wrote:
You lot are just mean Toofy Grin

wmmmw, this previous thread may be of a bit more help than the above suggestions!

If wmmmwmwmmwmmwmwmwmmwmmmwmmw had asked in the equipment forum then wmmmwmmwmwmmmwmmmw would get a sensible answer. Here on the Piste we will take the piste. Toofy Grin

stewart woodward wrote:
wmmmw, if you are going by plane ask the pilot if you can pracice your snowplough in the isle whilst taking off and landing Laughing Laughing

This should get rid of that factory wax Confused

Get a tow behind the plane - the tarmac will really scrub that factory wax off.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You bunch of comedians belong in the Apres Zone - only serious talk goes on in here Madeye-Smiley Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque, Have I just been rinsed by someone who has made over 6000 posts to an internet forum. Puzzled

Just got off the phone with BA no problem with the tow behind the plane but they can't promise the inflight meal will be served warm. Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
wmmmw, check my location wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wmmmw, I think that you will settle in here very nicely indeed... snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy