Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oh no, not another "which ski for me" post!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to replace the fairly basic beginner-intermediate skis I've been using for the past three years.

I've been skiing 5 years now and like to think I've reached a reasonable level. I'll happily throw myself down any red run that I come across - though might still be a bit slow on the trickier bits. Tried my first black last year and really enjoyed it (serious mogul field, so I didn't exactly fly down it, but did okay).

I tend to prefer short turns and would like an agile, responsive ski that at the same time isn't too demanding or nervous. I tend to go skiing fairly late in the season, and that often makes for an interesting mix of conditions (ice in the mornings, slush in the afternoon and for the last three years big dumps of powder at some point during the week!). I'll probably be a 100% on-piste man for the foreseeable future!

The two skis that have caught my eye are:

Head C260i
Atomic Metron 9

I'll happily consider other skis, but would be really interested to hear what you guys think would be the best pick for me out of those two. My personal feeling is that the Head is a solid, sensible choice but I'm intrigued by what the Metron can offer with its more radical shape and shorter turn radius - though am concerned that it might be more effort to ski.

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think it probably depends what you want to get out of your skiing and how much you want to improve. You say you don't want a demanding ski but if you are ready for the next level then you will probably benefit more from a slightly more demanding (or should I say advanced) ski?

What skis do you currently have (which I think would be a good guage)?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would like to improve, but I'm not all out to improve whatever the cost - there will be times when I just want to cruise along.

I said I wanted a ski that wasn't 'too demanding' - not that I was ruling out a ski that made more demands of me. Perhaps demanding isn't the right word though - I don't want a ski that has to be worked hard all the time to get the best out of it.

Current skis are some fairly naff Atomic e:5s - picked them up for under £100 and figured they'd be better than most hire skis. I feel they are perhaps holding me back a bit (though that could be wishful thinking, and I might actually be rubbish!).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some to demo could be Rossignol Bandit B1's, Atomic M10's, Nordica Hot Rod Eliminators, Volkl Supersport 4 stars. These seem to be quite well-regarded as good cruisers that can handle aggressive skiing. I think all of these would be well worth demoing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh, and something in the Rossignol Zenith line perhaps.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i think head skis are too heavy, i honestly would never buy a pair of head skis. i'd say fischer rx8 or atomic metron:11 or volkl ac2
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy