Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Baggage Storage in Val D'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if there is somewhere to store bags in Val D'Isere for the day (maybe the bus station)? We are arriving early Saturday morning and can't get into our apartment until 5pm, so we need somewhere to leave our bags while we ski (same thing on our last day there). It is worth it to get an extra 2 days skiing in, but I am trying to figure out the logistics of it.

Also, does anyone know if the 13:30 bus from Val to Lyon Airport is the last one for the day? It is the last one on the Altibus website, but I would like to stick around for a few more hours. Does Altibus usually have later busses or is there another service people would recommend?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Read the bus timetables carefully, pay attention to expected arrival times. The article on this page http://www.valdinet.com/articles.php?id_articles_type=36 (it starts about half way down at "Val d'Isere to Geneva by bus") has a cautionary tale.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anyone have any idea about storing luggage? It would be appreciated.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dunno about Valdespair but when I've done similar jaunts into Les Arcs we've been able to leave bags in the "general store" area / empty room at the bottom of the apartment block. Make sure you take the valuables onto the slopes with you, then we just locked our bags and left em.. at the back of the room...all ok, but you do feel a little nervous at the start of the holiday. Oh and make sure you pack so that you can hit the slopes running...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd be a bit careful with the above suggestion. We did exactly that on our first ski holiday to Val Thorens, along with others. Came back to find all the bags had been rifled through and some bags had been completely taken all together. It is not a secure area and those thiefs know it and look out for the newly-arrived holiday-makers! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy