Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Opening day in Isola2000

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well two friends and I took the day off work to check out the opening day in Isola2000. It snowed for the first time this season last Friday so not a whole lot was expected. However we were plesantly surprised. The pistes were firm but not icy. Off piste was very crusty but softened up by lunch.

Got a few pics in too
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great pics, i am off to Isola for a week on 23rd dec. Looks like temps set to drop and maybe a bit more snow over the next week so hopefully conditions will be good.

Seems like me and you only snowheads intrested in Isola. Oh well their loss. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Diarmuid -- Great pic. How much of the resort was open? Was it possible to ski from top to bottom?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been to Isola too. Nice enough place. Incredibly cheap lift pass, but the infrastructure reflects that!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegold wrote:
Diarmuid -- Great pic. How much of the resort was open? Was it possible to ski from top to bottom?

Pretty much all the resort, a few runs here and there closed but nothing worth talking about. We skied the lowest lift, quite hard near the lift but the rest was fine
carled wrote:
Nice enough place. Incredibly cheap lift pass, but the infrastructure reflects that!

I think the "town" itself isn't too pretty (by a long shot) but the mountain is fine. Nothing too challenging but fun. The price now is about 25E per day and the lifts are quite good. One big gondola that was built last year can access all one side of a valley.

wmmmw, Have fun on the 23rd. Hope you get more snow!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm also a fan of Isola. Have been twice over the past few years. Cruisey runs, nice off-piste through the trees and always lots of sun!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well second day out today. What a difference a few days + some rain makes. The pistes were very hard today. Not icy but like concrete. After one run on the snowboard I rented skis for my second day ever skiing.

Still plenty to do and most of the resort was open so still good, but a snowfall would go down great.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Back in Isola2000 today. Did some snowshoeing instead of skiing. The pistes look very well maintained. They are hard but not icy. Although I was told that some rocks are peeking through in places. Off piste non recommended. South facing slopes bare apart from pistes with snowmaking. It's amazing to see what they can do with snow cannons ! We climbed Tete Merciere for a bit of a laugh. Pictures here
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Diarmuid, Great pics .. Thanks ... Looks better than I expected ...jeez thatisn't the easiest hike at any time !
( now very homesick Sad )
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Diarmuid, have you been back to Isola recently, I am off there for the weekend? snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GillJ, Welcome to snowHead . It's snowed all day today- 20 cm claimed so far ( on a fair base by most standards ) and is expected to snow again tomorrow - you should have a great time in the snow.Diarmuid, can probably add loads more if he has been in the last week ...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yea I was up there at the weekend. I've decided to try my hand at the skiing because, honestly, the conditions are really bad for snowboarding. The conditions were decent for skiing. Yes it's very hard (concrete) in places but most of the mountain is open and no real icy patches. I am constantly amazed at how well the pistes can be kept even though it has not snowed in ages!

The good news also is that it's raining here in Nice so probably snowing in Isola2000. Check the webcams. It will be busy at the weekend (really quiet last weekend) but I'm sure you will have fun
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just came out after work and it's cold. 5 degrees at 1730. Thats about 7 or 8 degrees colder than 9am today !!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Diarmuid, boarding ploice here .................put down the sticks and walk away from the planks................
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rayscoops wrote:
Diarmuid, boarding ploice here .................put down the sticks and walk away from the planks................

Honest, officer, it was just a mistake... I wasn't thinking...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy