Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello everyone

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, found this place thanks to AlpineZone, WTFH and the other cross posters on EPICSKI.
Living in Italy, not skiing enough (totalized 10 days up to now) and always contemplating the Alps from my home.
Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bon journo Matteo! snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Matteo
Welcome to our new home
Only ten days?????????????
You must live in Reggio di Callabria
Slowplough
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Fox! snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Matteo
I'm always contemplating Crystal Palace from my home - not quite the same Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No, I live 37 km from the nearest ski hill... www.pianidibobbio.com
The main problem is €...not enough money...as nearly everybody else.
out of those 10, 6 were spent in the Alta Badia portion of the Dolomites...
280€ for 7 nights bed and breakfast, plus 26€ each dinner, plus 160 € for the dolomitisuperskipass, double the bed&breakfast sum for my two children (I paid one full fare for both of them) add 2x118 € for two chiuldren six days pass...et voilà. Must I add that, as a family, we usually make 32-36 days per season?
And the money comes only from my salary Sad

Well, don't cry too much. I am looked as one of those that ski a lot (parents with children and such) here.

And BTW in Reggio Calabria, when it snows, there are some nice runs (up in the Sila mountains)...Someone even ski the Etna Volcano, in winter.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Like we say" He who has bread has no teeth to chew it, and He who has the teeth, has no bread " Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Matteo
How do you like the Euro
How have you found it now Italy is part of the Euro.
As you know Tony Blair wants us to join, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts
Slowplough
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I used to live near Crystal Palace Cathy, about 35 years ago. They did have a patch of Dendix about 10 yards long, down between the race track and the dinosaurs somewhere as I recall.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Welcome Neighbour.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ciao Matteo!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi there, Matteo! Nice to get some overseas recruits to the tribe Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Small world Alan Cool the signposts for the 'ski slope' are still around but I've never managed to locate it Sad - often wondered if it was just wishful thinking...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You would have been disappointed if you had found it Cathy, it is better to travel hopefully.. Shocked
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thought it might have been like the 'maze' Sad
ski holidays
Slowplough wrote:
Matteo
How do you like the Euro
How have you found it now Italy is part of the Euro.
As you know Tony Blair wants us to join, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts
Slowplough

Slowplough, we had no choice, had we? No one asked, it was imposed.
At least you are being asked.
But, let me say this, prices went far too much high, exploiting the transaction time between the old curency and the new. Despite what official numbers say, (that inflation rate is "normal" at 2-3 percent) people find themselves at a disadvantage. It is undeniable that in the long run, if we were to reach a real unity, Euro will bing adsvantages, but as for now...I see only disadvantages...I was once an Euro fan...
latest report
Interesting that Matteo,

Having been to Italy three times since the Euro came in your thoughts are exactly the same as all the other views expressed by Italians I have spoken to.
As I see it, Britain will not join in the near to medium future if given the choice.
Although it does make moving around europe easier, it's a high price to pay!
snow report
Cathy what's your husbands name? You're not married to one of the Ice Hockey playing Collins brothers are you? If yes, we've met years ago. If not, ignore me and I'll go away Embarassed snowHead
snow report
Hey - he hasn't got me snared yet Laughing sorry, but the answer's no, I'm not married to one of the Ice Hockey playing Collins brothers - do they live in Crystal Palace??
snow report
Quote:

I used to live near Crystal Palace Cathy, about 35 years ago. They did have a patch of Dendix about 10 yards long, down between the race track and the dinosaurs somewhere as I recall.

Talking of "palaces" and dendix... I first put on skis at Ally Pally dry ski slope (N London). Anyone know if that place still exists? That also is /was just a path of dendix, but wow the excitement!, and the relief to find out how much easier it is to ski on the real stuff.
snow report
Hi
Very Happy
snow conditions
tostertalby, Hi there! You may not have realised, but you're the first person to post on this particular thread since 2004! However, the thread title is "Hello Everyone" so it seems quite appropriate for you to revive it to say hello. Very Happy I believe you (and your Dad) have posted previously here on snowHeads about how much you've enjoyed skiing with Easiski in LDA on her hot shots week Edit: I think that should be hot tots? - are you hoping to be going out to LDA again this coming winter? Wherever you go I hope you have an enjoyable ski season! Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 29-10-13 20:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
tostertalby, Hello
snow report
Did Matt flounceo off when Admin changed his ID?
snow conditions
Alastair Pink, LOL actually tostertalby was exactly 7 days old when the last post was made. Yep it will be Hottots or (Tots2off, OffTots, or TotsOFF given their escapades at Easter this year) again for Chloe.
snow report
davkt, Smile
snow conditions
T Bar wrote:
Did Matt flounceo off when Admin changed his ID?

Laughing excellent
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy