Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Day Trip to Verbier Completed !

Poster: A snowHead
Flew from Luton to Geneva yesterday and drove down to Verbier, 4 hours on the white stuff and off home again !

Several runs and three lifts open yesterday, more open today and its the official opening on the 15th.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow! Fantastic - good effort Paul__S! snowHead

Was all the time, effort & cost worth it - would you do it again?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Going all that way just for a half day - you wouldn't catch me doing that sort of thing wink

Well done Very Happy

What was the total cost per person for all that?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ray Zorro wrote:
Going all that way just for a half day - you wouldn't catch me doing that sort of thing wink

Laughing Laughing

(Paul_S - in case you don't know, Ray Zorro also did such a crazy thing last year Toofy Grin )
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ray Zorro wrote:

Me neither! wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, read every word of Ray's post for advice !

Do it again ? Yes, tomorrow if I could Toofy Grin

Worth it ? Most definitely, beats a day in the office Very Happy

Costs ?

Well,

Flight £50ish
Car £25ish
Airport Parking £13.50
Fuel in Switzerland £14
Ski Pass £16ish

Think thats about it Puzzled apart from a burger and fries and a few croissant au jambon wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
what a great idea is verbier the best resort to do a one day trip or is there somewhere nearer to an airport to be able to squeeze in a couple more hours snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NEILSKI, I think a few of the French resorts would be a quicker transfer from Geneva. After this weekend I hope to have personal experience of one or two more Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NEILSKI, in January I managed to get 5 hours (4:50 to be more exact) going to Fopollo from Milan (Bergamo) with Ryanair out of Stansted. A little while ago you could get a day return (including taxes) for £16.98 for those flights on selected days.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
NEILSKI, be careful if you decide to visit Fopollo - dont get stuck in the Club Grizzly after dark Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A number of the French resorts are close enough to Geneva to make it viable, especially cheap mid-week flights - Chamonix, Les Carroz, La Clusaz, Megeve, Les Gets/Morzine are obvious possibilities

This is slightly different but I have a 3 day trip planned to Les Carroz in Jan. Something similar could be done in a day
Sat - 6am Easyjet flight from Gatwick to Geneva - land 08.35. Hand luggage only so hope to be in the car by 9am, in resort by 09.50, on the slopes soon after 10.00 (realistically 10.30-11.00) until 16.30
Sun - full day skiing
Mon - full day skiing, before leaving resort at 16.45pm for a 7pm flight home.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You may also be able to get a flight to Sion in which case it would be very close to Crans, Verbier etc....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sierra nevada for a day is a good option fly early morning to malaga 2.5 hr drive then ski all day the fly from granada at night 45 mins drive
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My personal best last season was leaving the house at 4.45am, flight departs Leeds 6.00, at Avis desk GVA 8.50 (hand luggage only), drive to Le Chable (watching out for that speed camera just outside Lausanne), arrive Le Chable 10.20. Get in telecabine to Verbier (quicker than driving up the hill). Out of telecabine at Medran, sprint to flat, boots on, skis in hand, back to lift, top of Funispace 11am. I reckon this year can beat that as flight now leaves 15 mins earlier. Also take boots on as hand luggage and change in the car park at Le Chable, leave skis at bottom of Funispace, probably be skiing by 10.30.
Nothing beats a relaxing ski trip
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Im impressed with this for one day. Thats dedication. Just picking up on the comments on Foppolo, I did end up in the Grizzly bar after dark, peak season and Saturday night, just the four of us in.

WHat is it with the small italian resorts, how do these places make a profit, I was told the economy is in a bad way and people arent skiing like they used to there, ??
ski holidays
Paul__S, well done sir!! Cracking effort. I can just see you asking your boss for the day off and telling him you're going to Switzerland skiing for a day!!!! Toofy Grin Shocked snowHead Laughing

Brilliant. I think i'll go and suggest it to my girlfriend right now!!!

Kersh
snow conditions
Kersh, Boss already knows i'm mad !

Planning next trip now, will likely do a 2 day run in march Very Happy
ski holidays
Paul__S, an absolute top effort snowHead a true snowhead snowHead Some great pics also.

Well done, glad you had a great time. Just goes to show what can be done if you're prepared to put the effort in.
ski holidays
Paul__S, Fabulous photos - I feel inspired to try a trip like that....and it is hubbies birthday in February.....Just going off to check some flights...... Very Happy
snow conditions
vanderstel, Best £100 ish each you can spend on a day out !

If you go for the day then snow permitting you can cut down driving time by going to Flaine, Les Carroz etc though the burgers in Off Rider are worth the trip to Verbier Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy