Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes/Espace Killy over New Year.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone.

Long time listener, first time caller.

I will be in Tignes with my 3 firemen friends snowHead for a week beginning 29th December. I was just wandering if any people contributing to these threads will be in Tignes/Val over New Year. I would like to know where to head for and what to expect for New Years Eve itself.

Any info would be much appreciated.......

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi flockoff, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I've just come back from there but there are a few snowHeads out there for the season as well as others visiting. I'm sure someone will be along to help Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Right....

So there are people out in Tignes for the season who are registered users of this site. That's handy to know. Well I'll just keep my fingers crossed that someone out there spots this thread and responds with some useful info.

PS - Thanks Cathy for my first SnowHeads reply.... Blush
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
flockoff, Kenzie is out there for the season & Stewart Woodward is a ski instructor there. In case they don't spot this you could always send them a message (just under the snowHeads logo at the top of the page) Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flockoff,

Where are you staying?

Lots happens over New year from torch lit decents, fireworks(bring your hose), open air disco at midnight(usually someone dances in the nude) to generally just getting drunk. The french celebrate New year more than xmas so you should have a great time.

Sometimes people even go skiing!! Razz Razz
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info so far.....

We are staying in the FUAJ hostel in Tignes Les Boisses to keep the price down. I guess we'll be regretting this when we're stuck late at night in Tignes proper, but I guess we'll just have to deal with it - it was very good value......!?

Anyway - sounds like there will be plenty going on as I would expect. One more half decent dump of snow between now and then and we'll be laughing.

Anyone know where it's best to head for a few beers in Tignes....?

Cheers.....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
flockoff, .A few bars around Le Lac to get you started.....LOOP BAR,ALPACA,JAM BAR,ANGEL BAR. Not sure if the Red Lion still exists, I think the building was to to modernised or demolished?). I think Kenzie is the man on the spot, he'll be along to put you right.
A free circular bus service runs late into the night linking the Tigne villages. If you're going to Val d'isere for a night out see if you can get enough people together to fill a minibus and keep the cost down. snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
flockoff wrote:
Thanks for the info so far.....

We are staying in the FUAJ hostel in Tignes Les Boisses to keep the price down. I guess we'll be regretting this when we're stuck late at night in Tignes proper, but I guess we'll just have to deal with it - it was very good value......!?

Anyway - sounds like there will be plenty going on as I would expect. One more half decent dump of snow between now and then and we'll be laughing.

Anyone know where it's best to head for a few beers in Tignes....?

Cheers.....

For nice apres ski you can go in Les Brevieres wich is the closest to les boisses but you can't really come back !!! Except with a taxi or snowshoes (about 1h walk by th piste !!)
Les boisses is cheap, cause you are a bit "stuck", but there is a new restaurant run by english people... can remember the name right now, but you'll find it easy.

If not the easiest for you it's Le Lac, free shuttle every 30 minutes from les boisses and night shuttle too.

Enjoy !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was wondering if there was anything on m,yself! Just booked a New Years Eve dinner for 13 in Val C.
Very Happy

I take it all the Bars Clubs Will open as normal!

Another Question there is a certain Footie Match I NEED to see on the 2nd, it happens to be Rangers - Celtic anyone know of anywhere that has Scottish Football?!

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scotland !
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ha Ha very funny Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ill b there..prob the small drunked dancing on a table!!x
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
[quote="dave_wick"]

Quote:
I take it all the Bars Clubs Will open as normal!

Why not Puzzled All the lifts will be open too Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Another Question there is a certain Footie Match I NEED to see on the 2nd, it happens to be Rangers - Celtic anyone know of anywhere that has Scottish Football?!

Try the 'Fish Tank' or 'Crowded House' in Val C both should have it on (somebodys got to watch it) wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
flockoff,

Quote:

I will be in Tignes with my 3 firemen friends

is this some sort of code???
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy