Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine - self catering family apartment end jan 07 wanted

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
British Schoolgirls race takes place at Flaine at the end of January. Our daughter is taking part in her school team. She will have been skiing (school recreation ski trip) the week before in St Gervais. Some of the rest of school team plus teacher and a parent are flying out on Saturday. We want to drive out and turn the few days into a family week. Our son will be skiing in Les Menuires at the same time at the British Schoolboys and I propose to collect him on the wednesday morning to bring him to Flaine and stay in an apartment for the rest of the week.

Any adivce or suggestions would be greatly appreciated - particularly with regard to accomodation in Flaine.
Alun Williams
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Contact astrid immobiler or flaine reservations or pierre et vacances on the flaine website. Should be able to get something fairly reasonably priced. Don't expect luxury but they are convenient and the skiing is great!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alun,
Not sure if I can help but I have a self-catered chalet (sleeping 8-10) in Les Carroz which is a 15 minute drive or 45 minute ski from Flaine that is available for the w/c 27 Jan 07. Listed price is £1,520 but would be willing to listen to offers from a Snowhead!
If interested please contact me on csimmons@flameski.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alun, if you have not been to Flaine before http://www.flaine.com/pages/plan-station-ski.php?lg=EN shows position of all appts etc. As previously stated no appt is that far from slopes Is your daughter staying with you or with team. You may prefer to stay in the forum level, slightly more convenient for the Stade (slalom race piste) , At xmas we stay in the pierre et vacances Res La Foret in the foret level. It was fully renovated last year. ( for info we book it thru Erna Low it was no more expensive than booking direct and this year they have a good deal on eurotunnel club class) My daughter did the School girls last year with Kandahar
Wherever you stay I would go for a south facing appt if you have the choice.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Cassiopee apartments have been recommended to me by a friend. How far are they from the Hotel Anjou where the team will be staying ? Does any one know the agency that handles reservations for these apartments ?

Simo1234, Many thanks, but we aill need to stay close to the team base.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Alun Williams, this http://www.flaine.com/pages/plan-station-ski.php?lg=FR# shows the various hotels and apartments (scroll down to Hebergement and then Localisation immeubles).

Cassiopee and Aujon (not the nicest hotel I am afraid) are not v close together at all I am afraid and on different levels. As far as I remember, all the hotels are on the lower level (Forum) and all the apartments in the upper level (Foret) but there may be exceptions. There are/were two links between the upper and lower levels - a short funicular near the Aujon and the yoghurt pots at the opposite end. Nick
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alun Williams, If you had taken the time to look at my previous link which is in english, you would have seen they are not on different levels and are in fact very close to each other. In fact there are several appt blocks on the same level as the Hotel Aujon. There are two funiculars between the two levels, the yoghurt pots is a small bucket lift between slopes by the main lift station.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gsb, you have obviously been there more recently than I have, sorry if I have given duff info. Having re-looked at the link which I gave, I must have clicked on the wrong building name (if you use it you will find it is a bit of a b^&*er to scroll down), and you are quite correct, the are near eachother.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I will try the link again. I could not find the Aujon on my first try - hence the second post! Many Thanks.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alun Williams, For some strange reason the Hotel Aujon comes under Accomodation - Reception and Offices
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you, ........... the two seem well placed for our need.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Please see the post I just made - strange coincidence!

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=502203#502203

Its for a large apartment in residence de la foret for the week you want.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jgr
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jgr1, Thank you. We have a 4 star apartment in arc 1950 which is rented out through Radisson so we like the sound of your apartment! My concern is the team will be in the Hotel Anjou and my daughter will want to be with the other girls and the parents staying there (and teacher) in the evening. What are the distances and lift opening times between the apartment and the hotel.

We have a parking place (underground) in Arcs 1950, what are the parking arrangements for your apartment? We have a Mercedes Viano which is 2.08 high! but carries all the ski benches and sharpening equipment. Are there any other "owners" restrictions or benefits ?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Alun
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Alun

Hotel Aujon is in Flaine Forum (the middle section of the resort) and Residence de la Foret in the top section of the resort, Flaine Foret.

The two levels are connected by 24hr funicular enclosed lifts - one is directly opposite Residence de la Foret, Hotel Aujon is situated between the two lifts on the lower level.

People routinely move between the two levels. I would estimate it would take about 10 minutes between each.

Flaine is a car free resort - you can take your car into resort for up to two hours to unload. Car parking is outside the pedestrian area, behind the residence.

My apartment is on the top floor overlooking the mountains and the tourmaline ski run. It is not south facing and hence does not have a balcony. You have two ski lockers with professional boot dryers on the lower ground floor level and access from there to the pistes is 50m.

Jason
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Jason,

Thank you for the further information. We are part of a school team group so have decided to stay in the Cassiopee to be near the team who are staying at the Anjou. Yor apartment is obviously more spacious and I will mention it is available to other parents who are still looking. Best wishes, alun jgr1,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy