Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

week in tignes from sunday 17th snow yeay or ney

Poster: A snowHead
hey guys thinking of booking a last minute trip to tignes from 17th to 24th, whats it looking like snow wise, is it worth it or shall i just not bother

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Deffinatley worth it. We have good snow cover and you can ski in/out of Val Claret & Tignes Le Lac. The links are open to Val D. Although some lifts are not yet open more are expected to open this weekend. Whilst we have restricted lifts open this is more due to demand rather than snow cover. No queues this week, even on the glacier.
The snow cannons are working when the temperatures permit (all last nite)

See you in TIGNES Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stewart woodward, That sounds like what I want to hear! We will be there on the 19th - 26th, Keep those cannons running! Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stewart woodward wrote:
No queues this week, even on the glacier.

How d'you manage that then?? Ah, Spanish gone back? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cathy,
Yes, but now we have the Brit students out. At least they are reasonably polite.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kenzie, How about 'Mad Russians' got many of the 'point the skis downhill and bail out to stop' brigade? Very Happy

(obviously they are keen proponents of the Kramer 'just go straight' school) Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kenzie, one of those Brit students is my son, so I am glad to hear that he is being polite wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't know if anyone has seen these yet but video snow reports twice a week to your inbox are offered here:

https://www.skinets.com/video_snow_reports_intro.php

Keeps you bang up to date with powder situation in Vald'Isere, Cham and 3 valleys Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
powderhund,

Just had a look at skinets.com and not very impressed as the info is 1 week old Crying or Very sad . Its snowed a lot since last wednesday wink .
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stewart,

Next report is out tomorrow. Twice a week should keep you in touch with what's happening Cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
benpudney wrote:
hey guys thinking of booking a last minute trip to tignes from 17th to 24th, whats it looking like snow wise, is it worth it or shall i just not bother

cheers

According to the Val d'Isere website today (Weds), 37% of all the Espace Killy slopes and 45% of all its lifts are open. Looks good.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
powderhund wrote:
Stewart,

Next report is out tomorrow. Twice a week should keep you in touch with what's happening Cool

I think if you check Stewart's location you'll agree that he has a pretty good idea of conditions in Tignes Wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar wrote:
powderhund wrote:
Stewart,

I think if you check Stewart's location you'll agree that he has a pretty good idea of conditions in Tignes Wink

Rumour is he's offered to do daily detailed snow reports in return for contraband Heinz Baked Beans and HP Sauce smuggled through customs
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
''Rumour is he's offered to do daily detailed snow reports in return for contraband Heinz Baked Beans and HP Sauce smuggled through customs''

Filled car up with baked beans and porridge before leaving 'Gods own County' but miss M & S pork pies. Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Filled car up with baked beans and porridge
Haven't biofuels come a long way of late. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing

(Tip: stewart, if you want to quote a post just click the little speech bubble underneath that post's date. That'll copy & quote it and you can amend it at will Twisted Evil )
snow report
cathy wrote:

(Tip: stewart, if you want to quote a post just click the little speech bubble underneath that post's date. That'll copy & quote it and you can amend it at will Twisted Evil )

Cathy 'you are so educated' what would i do without you?
snow report
stewart woodward wrote:
Cathy 'you are so educated' what would i do without you?

I'm your little forum helper Little Angel every newbie should have one Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
stewart woodward wrote:

Filled car up with baked beans and porridge before leaving 'Gods own County' but miss M & S pork pies. Crying or Very sad

flying out on 19th, Could probably squeeze a couple into our luggage if you are desperate, where should we deliver them to? snowHead snowHead
latest report
AxsMan,
Where are you staying?
I generally drink in the Alpaka Hotel
latest report
good website here for daily conditions from Val D'Isere

http://www.alpineexperience.com/news.html
ski holidays
powderhund wrote:
Stewart,

Had a little more time to research skinets.com web site and even less impressed as the snow report for Tignes is actually a report for Val D!! Sad Sad

Twice a week would also mean that it should have been updated since last wednesday

Don't like to criticise sites but they must keep upto date so all the snowheads out there can have accurate info
snow conditions
stewart woodward, the Campanules, which I believe is close to the Alpaka? Over by the Aeroski lift.
snow report
jesus bet thats expensive, will be in resort on sunday till sunday, but as yet not sourced an apt to stay in. trying to find one that does sunday to sunday but not having much luck.

will definatly be in alpaka at some point as i spent last season in tignes and want to say hi to tony and a few others

ben
latest report
benpudney,

Send me a mail about your apartment requirements and i will find you somewhere decent to stay
snow report
AxsMan wrote:

the Campanules, which I believe is close to the Alpaka? Over by the Aeroski lift.

Its just around the corner from the Alpaka. Pop in the Alpaka and ask for me. Mosy nites are good but monday's champagne nite is one of our favourities.
Do you like to wake up early? (the church is just across the road)
snow report
stewart woodward, I guess you're implying there might be a few bells ringing? if so shouldn't be an issue as I tend to wake up pretty early (7 ish) anyway. Like to get the early lifts before the midmorning rush hour if possible. (of course after the occasional heavy night the timings can slip a bit Very Happy) Mrs Axs can sleep through a hurricane (and has!).

We'll be over in the Alpaka, probly from Weds night. snowHead Mondays sound like fun!
snow report
don't forget sunday nights and the free shots with drinks. can't say no to free shots. funnily enough i worked in the ski olympic chalet just down the road opposite the school last year. so all good
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone out in Tignes/Val shed any light on why Vals snow depths are growing yet Tignes shrinking (according to both resorts official Websites anyway)

Also far more of Val seems to be open compared to Tignes, have they stolen all Tignes snow cannons?
latest report
tignes website saying snow early next week with sun returning later. so looking good. might have to take my seths with me after all
snow report
benpudney, I'm taking my B2's but if the runs are full of stones - I'll hire - best of both worlds Very Happy
latest report
yeah thinking of taking my fujitavies and the seths
ski holidays
Spent yesterday scouting out some routes for Wednesday's SumitJam - five & half hours without using any lift more than once! Laughing
latest report
theres a sumit jam on wednesday, wicked could you do me a favour kenzie. if you see raig before i so when i get out on sunday from sumit can you put my name down. did it last year and it was wicked.
latest report
Ben,
SumitJam put back to 27th - teh only run open into Val D is into La daille, and the women's racing is their Tuesday - Thursday.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy