Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This is possibly the worst advice I have ever seen - I was both laughing and shocked!

Poster: A snowHead
http://skitrucks.com/howtofit.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You were also advised that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This should be retitled "Skiing For Trailer Trash". I can't believe that this is real!!!

Loved the comment about snowboard fitting (answers a few questions about the average snowboarder):
"Snowboard fitting is done with the chin to the floor in inches"
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I particularly liked "three /  fourths + of the worlds ski boots are made in the same factory… each company has their assembling warehouses in that town… the man across town, sews most of the inner bladders". He must be a busy man...

There's something very weird about this piece though. The grammar, syntax, spelling and random acts of punctuation look like a cut'n'paste job from a Babelfish translation from the Korean.

Does this guy believe what he's saying, or is he trying to mislead us? If so, to what end?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you've ever done business with a variety of ski shops in the USA you'll know that there are some extremely 'eccentric' proprietors out there.

I once rented ski equipment for a group of skiers near a famous resort in Vermont, which will remain nameless. The owner of the rental shop reminded me of the leading character in 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre'.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
michael stocking, the grammer and style look just "documents" I get all the time from our offices in another English speaking country, come to think they're also full of total nonsense delivered with absolute assurance as well.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This is amazing, what c**p. I cant believe the bit about waxing skis and filling gauges with melted down plastic, some great one liners though...'your bottoms are better off not waxed… ' and '.if you want to go fast, use Pam out of the kitchen or silicone spray..'
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The description of the Ski Trucks business - which claims to be over 30 years old - makes clear that this is no joke.
There's a place for people selling cheap secondhand and surplus kit to get newcomers hooked on the sport at minimum cost.
Having had to digest pseudo-scientific claims for ski equipment for over 25 years, the rubbish referred to above is little more offensive than the rubbish which is talked and written by many manufacturers!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Goldsmith wrote:

Having had to digest pseudo-scientific claims for ski equipment for over 25 years, the rubbish referred to above is little more offensive than the rubbish which is talked and written by many manufacturers!

I always quite fancied a job writing the pseudo-scientific BS that they write on skis. I could get paid for what I do best!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

if you want to go fast, use Pam out of the kitchen or silicone spray..'

Actually I was told that if you wanted to go really fast "Back to Black" or "windolene" does the trick. Never tried it so not sure if it works, but it was reecommended to me in good faith.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Colin Vince wrote:
and '.if you want to go fast, use Pam out of the kitchen or silicone spray..'

When I were a lad we used to take a can of mr sheen to the dry slope, worked a treat Mr. Green
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
"B2B" works a treat but only for 'damp' or 'squeeky dry' conditions and it only lasts for about half a day. Best thing I've ever tried is liquid Teflon - @#&*#%! quick!
Word of warning, if you put a bottle of Black 2 Black in your pack . . . don't fall on it! Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What about WD40 - that would get you moving on a dry slope!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For a dry slope, I reccomend either:
1. Pledge
2. Fairy Liquid
(or similar brands)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ahem, as someone with a personal interest in dry slopery may I respectfully aks that no-one turns up with the intention of turning our Dendix black and/or a mass of bubbles?

Mr Sheen does the job for me snowHead
ski holidays
Alan Craggs, Mr. Sheen, 2 layers dried and polished on top of silver wax. Last minute B2B for the first 3 gates - best wax combi when I was racing plastic. B2B doesn't actually turn anything black by the way.

The article was so appalling in it's completely wrong advice that I wrote to them to say so (very careful not to tell them they were crooks though). It read to me as though written by someone in a slavic country writing in English with spell check but not grammar check.

Poles just below the armpits? That's about 40 years ago! I also resent the suggestion that as a "lady" I would be unable to ski on a "normal" !! Puzzled Crying or Very sad Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy