Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thoughts on Scott Missions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
CEM, actually his patent has run out NehNeh. However I did contact Harry Campbell, Steve Bagley & Lou Rosenfeld re my intentions & they were all extremely helpfull NehNehNehNeh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spyderjon, good oh Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scott Mission thoughts...

Details:

Used for first week 2007-8 New Year in Tignes and Val D'Isere - skied the whole area. Advanced skier on piste, rapidly improving off piste. 80kg 5'10" 34yrs old, used 178cm Missions with Salomon S912's. Only saw one other pair all week surprisingly!

Thoughts:

On Piste:- I liked these skis from the first run I used them, coming from Rossi B2's and K2 Seth Vicious (both 170cm ish) I'd used last season, I imediately found them to be a much stiffer and more powerful ski, rewarding when pushed, but needing to be worked. They became more forgiving once I got used to them, but initially found I couldn't get away with lazy skiing as I could do on the B2's/Seths such as sitting back etc. They're great for blasting about doing long or medium radius turns, carve well on piste but require definate angulation of the legs to get full edges, and will also handle short radius turns with good technique (this took most of the first day for me to get quicker edge to edge - not helped by day one stiffness). Contrary to what some others have said, I found them pretty good in the moguls, only showing weakness on harder icy bumps. Temperatures were low and the snow was soft and dry all week creating big soft moguls on almost all runs by the end of each day. The Missions were fantastic fun on these bumps. By the middle of the week we were venturing down the steeper Espace Killy runs such as The Face, Sache and Silene black runs; here the Missions had their first taste of windblown hardpack and ice lower down, and caused me no problems at all as I knew by then they needed to be worked! I would recommend Scott Missions on piste to any strong intermediate upwards. Skiers with poor technique will get found out by them IMO, but when pushed, they are very rewarding. Smile

Off Piste:- Scott Missions are fantastic off-piste, I have doubt about this. Tracked out crud - brilliant - smash your way through with complete confidence, these skis will just not be fazed by crud lumps, ruts and ice blocks, previously a type of snow I have never enjoyed but skied with a grin on my face on these skis. Windblown crust - they skied this like it was a piste, no problem. Powder - hunted this down wherever possible but only found a few areas not already tracked out. They performed as i'd hoped, smooth and light, yet feeling powerful enough to get you out of jail if needed. Can't wait to hit some deeper powder on them. Slush - not tried them but reckon they'd be great. No weaknesses as an off-piste ski, I would fully recommend them to anyone from a first timer venturing onto the edges of the pistes, up to advanced freeriding. Very Happy

Strengths:

True all-mountain ski
Confidence-inspiring off-piste
Smooth on piste - especially long radius carving
Good looks and construction (so far!)
Powerful (maybe better for heavier skiers??)

Weaknesses:

Need to be pushed to get the most out of them
Unforgiving of poor technique (especially back-seat skiers)
Big hard nasty moguls (but who likes 'em anyway Confused )

Selling the old B2's and Seths, can't see any reason to keep 'em now snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are the Punishers basically the same ski?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scott Punishers are the the same dimensions as Missions with a twin-tip and different topsheet graphics. I think they may also be slightly lighter and softer for park use and lighter skiers - hence the cheaper price.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy