Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Paradiski stats

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Stats on Vanoise Express from Ski Club article :

"The remarkable Vanoise Express double-decker cable car that linked La Plagne and les Arcs for the first time last season, creating the Paradiski area, has published results based on passenger usage figures and a customer satisfaction survey.
The lift recorded a total of 415, 987 passenger crossings, with the busiest day of the season on Tuesday 9th March when 9,649 crossings were recorded. Tuesdays were in fact the busiest day of the week on average, with 22.5% of all crossings. However the busiest week was from 31st January to 6th February with 39,002 crossings recorded.

The customer survey found that 93% of people interviewed claiming they were either satisfied or very satisfied with the Vanoise Express and secondly amongst professionals, as it received the prestigious Siemens Grand Prix Award of Innovation 2004.

There was a slightly higher proportion of skiers crossing from La Plagne to Les Arcs and back, rather than vice versa, with 56.6% of users originating in La Plagne, the remainder from Les Arcs.

However the imbalance in the higher number of crossings from La Plagne to Les Arcs corresponds almost precisely to the higher number of tourist beds available in La Plagne than Les Arcs. The level of usage on both sides is therefore similar.

The level of usage of the Paradiski link by Paradiski pass holders will be refined by way of the complete deployment of the ticket machine system. Nevertheless, the first report shows that the usage of the Vanoise Express was slightly down on the anticipated 2.2 return journeys per person."

Tragically, last season I never even got time to go on the Vanoise Express, despite living 300 yards from it!!! Maybe this year...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting stats, do you know if they made any predictions before it opened and did the total crossings live up to expectations?

We used it once last season, very quiet but it was quite early in the day (blimey those 2 words are similar), impessive though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We only managed one return trip last season, it was at Easter and it was still possible to ski down to the link on the Montchavin side. Did I see a new lift being built to speed people on their way to La Plagne?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Colin Vince wrote:
did the total crossings live up to expectations?

I would think the CDA are pleased as the turnover for Paradiski progressed around 10% compared to the previous year in comparison with say Tignes which was more or less static. Usage of the cable car was less than expected apparently.

Personally I'm against stringing any more cable cars across relatively unspoilt alpine valleys.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 19-08-04 14:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HG, Yes they aer replacing that - it was acknowledged last year as the weak link in the Paradiski thing (and with a link being as strong as its weakest etc etc...)

From Ski Club GB article :

"Firstly the old Bijolin chairlift in the Montchavin-Les Coches area will be dismantled and replaced by a new 6-seater chairlift thereby increasing capacity from 1,200 skiers per hour to 3,000 skiers per hour at a speed of five metres per second. The new lift has been designed by Pomagalski. Work has already started and the new lift should be opening in mid-December 2004.

The second big investment in terms of ski lifts will be in the Dos Rond and l’Arpette area, at the summit of the Montchavin-Les Coches zone. Two old drag lifts disappear and be replaced by a new six seater chairlift. This new lift will go right up to the piste at Carrolay bringing skiers quickly to high altitude. Skiers with a full Paradiski pass will therefore only have to take three lifts to get to the high altitude resorts. Capacity in this area will be increased from 840 people per hour to 3000 people per hour. This lift has also been deigned by Pomagalski and will travel at two metres per second."
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fantastic news about the new lifts.
I went on the Vanoise Express 1st week in march from LaP to LesA. We were staying in Plagne Centre, my girlfriend was a first weeker so one morning i got up early and whizzed across from LP to LA in 35 mins. On the way back at lunchtimeIt took just under an hour and a half from La to Plagne Centre, and that was with everybody going the opposite way from me. I'm glad it was a sunny day anyway! Hopefully these new lifts will speed this long journey up.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy