Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend Accomodation in Jan - Flight into Turin

Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to organise a lads weekend ski trip - Early Friday to Late Monday - 3.5 days skiing.
It's first time I've done this and could do with any pointers or recommendations on finding accomodation.
There's definately going to be 4 of us but could quite easily be 8.

Resorts I'm looking at are Cervinia or Suaze d'Oulx - both within approx. hour and half - http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Turin.html

Any suggestions?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flights now booked. Very Happy
Friday 26th January 07.00 from Stansted
Returning Monday 29th January 22.45 from Turin

Should get 3-3.5 Days Skiing.

Any suggestions on Accomodation or websites.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pete1909, You could try www.flexiblebreaks.com for Sauze and Montgenevres
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cevinia accommodation: http://www.montecervino.it/Inglese/ristorazione/frame.asp?F=ospitalita_intro
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers Skanky & Linds
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This site may have some more: http://www.cervinia.it/default_eng.aspx#

(Reception & Structure)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pete1909,
If the snow is good in Serre Chevalier Briancon is about 1 1/2 hrs by car and has quite a few hotels where you can get weekend accommodation.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers T Bar - I've done a day in Serre Chevalier when staying in Monte Genevre, so wouldn't mind going back for a longer play.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i think we flew to tourin when we went to champuluc. In which case check out hotel k(c)alifornia - an enjoyale if somewhat surreal place to stay
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've booked flights 8/3 back 13/3 Turin. What did you manage to book, pretty please? It may help me in filling in the accomodation and transfer gaps I now have!! Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nothing Booked yet. I'll post when I get it sorted.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pete1909, I did a short trip to Cervinia between Christmas and New Year (3 days/2 nights - so about 2.5 days skiing). I left it until a couple of days before I went and then emailed all the hotels on the Tourist information site. I had about 6 offers to consider in the end.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Simon, i have availability in Monetier for those dates contact me if you want more info.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont,

Hi Helen, what would the price be. My wife and I are both house trained!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Simon, i will pm you later. Posting on phone at the moment
latest report
Pm in your inbox simon
snow report
Ray Zorro, I've just tasked one of the other lads to look at Cervinia so I'll pass the message on to him. How did you transfer to resort? (Time & Cost?)
What was the skiing like, varying reports from people on Snowheads but I quite fancy it for 3.5 days.
ski holidays
Pete1909, I drove from Bergamo - and it took about 2.5 hours - Turin is very much closer, the drive should be a doddle, just remember to turn off the motorway at the right junction (which I didn't and carried on to Aosta Embarassed ). I hired a small car as there was only me and 2 of my kids, which was £68 (I think). There is a link for cheaper car hire in the sticky in the trips forum.

I guess the reports on snow and skiing are a little subjective. I thought that the skiing was good. There is plenty of variety if you include the Zermatt side, and we didn't cover anything like all the slopes available. The snow was probably better in Cervinia/Zermatt than anywhere else at that time (hence why I changed to there). There was no off-piste available that I could see (apart from bits to the side of the piste), but the piste skiing was good; a little hard-packed with the odd stone right down at resort level, but good in most places and very good up at the top. One run in Zermatt to avoid is 52 - Stafealp, a narrow track, hard-packed , stony and a little icy with long uphill bits Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Ray Zorro, Thanks for that.
ski holidays
Pete1909, Montgenevre isn't looking too bad. Probably about an hour or so by car and some ok bars.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy