Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz 1800 for Christmas???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just seen a very good deal to Avoriaz 1800 for Christmas (leaving 23 Dec) but I'm not sure whether there is likely to be any snow. I've generally thought the Portes du Soleil isn't a good bet for December because it is on the low side, but it is a very good deal...

But there again, it won't be a good deal if it is all mud, rocks and slush...

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks snowHead
snow conditions
 brian
brian
SkiBod, there is a reasonably large high altitude area straddling the border between Avoriaz and Champéry in Switzerland that's in the 1800-2400m range. That should be plenty high enough as long as there's enough snow to cover the rocks up.

Avoriaz is your archetypal French purpose built resort: bags of convenience, "interesting" architecture (actually it's not too bad, more Val T than Les Menuires), not much soul ....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Plagne and Les 2 Alpes look increasingly like they will have the best snow in France over Crimbo.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Avoriaz should be fine for Christmas. They are holding back on opening until this Fri or Saturday and hope to open most of the area then.

The Portes du Soleil might be low but we get the weather first if it coming across from the NW so have a better than average snow record. Have a look at the webcams on http://www.avoriaz.com/medias/web-cam/webcam-uk-hiver.html tomorrow morning (bit dark now!)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowandtrek, brian, Whitegold, thanks very much for your comments - I will have a look at the webcams link in the morning.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You might find that if Avoriaz area has the best snow around, which seems highly probable, the world and his wife will be there. We all need a bit more snow, so if your timing is flexible, why not wait until into January - there'll still be good deals around.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, Unfortunately I am tied to University terms so I need to be back by 8th January to teach. I suppose I could look at New Year week, but we've now made (admittedly loose and vague!) plans to go out for Christmas this year.

Do you really think Avoriaz will have the 'best snow around' for Christmas? That accompanied by the deal I've found sounds like a bit of a bargain, even if I will be sharing the slopes with lots of other happy skiers!
snow report
 brian
brian
SkiBod, I think pam w means the best snow around the PdS, since it's the only high level resort on the French side. If Morzine, Gets, Chatel etc. are all grassy, they'll be heading up to join you in Avoriaz ....

New Year week will be even busier, so stick to Xmas unless you're booking really late and there's a massive dump forecast or something.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
avoriaz is great at christmas ive been 3 times had loads of snow everytime

hey whitegold that mean good for les arcs aswell?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh, thanks brian! I think you should become my full time interpreter! Embarassed

Sorry, pam w, I got the wrong end of the stick - see what you mean now. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy