Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nasserein - St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm pretty keen on visiting St Anton this season but at the moment there only seem to be suitable offers in the Nasserein area. Being a smallish group of 20/30 somethings, as well as the world class skiing, we are keen to sample the world class apres ski! Will staying in Nasserein mean that we'll be too far away from the action, out on a limb or is it easy to walk/ get a bus into town? Puzzled

Tuck
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IIRC it's about a 20 min walk, depending on exactly where you are in Nasserein. There's at least one lift up from Nasserein into the main skiing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tuck Thong, I have stayed in Nasserein that last couple of years and it hasn't cramped our style. For Apres if your in the Moosvert or the Krazy Kangeroo you can traverse in the dark as long as you stay high. Wouldn't recommend it though as we ended up in a stream, and its was difficult getting my mates out for the laughing and having to film it on my camera.
Seriously thought its all part of the same place and you don't even notice the 10 - 15 min walk from the Nasserein Bubble to the Galzigbann Gondola (Which are the two exteremes of the resort, so if your near the bubble it won't be a problem.) Most of the bars apart from the two above, which are on the slopes are all along the drag.

Bod
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are on rental skis there is a nice fully flood lit tree run back from the main Apres ski area back to Nasserein, but please try to avoid the pedestrians, ski racks and shop windows. Alternatively you could carry your skis over your shoulder and decapitate passers by while turning round to talk to your mates.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stayed in chalet jank in March this year in Nasserein, walked into town on several occasions, its not very far at all, although get the bus if your in ski boots etc. . .
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pettneu is often sold as St Anton on the last minute offers. That would cramp your style - but not Nasserein
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

If you are on rental skis there is a nice fully flood lit tree run back from the main Apres ski area back to Nasserein, but please try to avoid the pedestrians, ski racks and shop windows. Alternatively you could carry your skis over your shoulder and decapitate passers by while turning round to talk to your mates.

Or walk home at 2-3am shouting and singing,after coming out of Kandahar waking the neighbourhood Evil or Very Mad

Seriously though easily done to Nasserein (although it is easier but more expensive in St Anton) and taxis are around if you are feeling rich.

There is a night bus service but forget what time is finishes. The ski bus runs between the two all day.

You can leave your boots and skis/board in a locker in St Anton and swap them for shoes as required make life a lot easier walking home.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is now a fantastic Apres Ski bar called Fang under the Nasserein gondola. Altho only small, we had a few cracking nights in there (pics on my site in my sig).

As others have said, it's easy enough to stay in the Mooserwirt or KK and make your way back whenever you're ready. We stayed next to the Nasserein gondola, and were often spotted carrying our skis thru the streets at about 3am Wink St Anton is a fantastic place, and somewhere that must be experienced at least once.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you all very much for your feedback!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Latchigo wrote:
Pettneu is often sold as St Anton on the last minute offers. That would cramp your style - but not Nasserein
I had to stay there once. It was v cheap and we simply bussed our way into St A after dinner and taxi'd our way out again after some refreshment. Worked a treat.

Nasserein is a good place to stay... that 20 min stagger at the end of the evening actually helps.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
when i last stay there about 5 years ago there was a huge advertising poster of a bra-cladden lady half way between St Anton and Nasserein. Most of the 20 minutes staggers home at night were extended by a 10 minute attempt to hit the poster with snowballs.

Seriously - Nasserein is not a problem. Great access from the lift in Nasserien for skiing in the morning.
Regular bus from St Anton after the Mooserwirt apres
20 minute walk back to town at night eased by a number of pubs on route (or just time it for the bus)
Stagger home is barely remembered in the morning and can aid the hangover
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

There is now a fantastic Apres Ski bar called Fang under the Nasserein gondola

An excellent bar - but don't ever try Hasse's home-brewed schnapps Skullie
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy