Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Forget this week, What about the week after

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
robertsnerys, I think that would be minus 8 degrees in Davos
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
well i started this link and i am going to have my last say as i off tomorrow to Grand Massif to get a sun tan!!!

i cant believe the forcast though looks like a big dump of snow coming over for new year - perfect timing just as i leaving not a cms of snow due between now and then oh well a holiday is a holiday and anyone whos going to Les carroz see you there more likely in flaine where the slopes are open

so depressed!! merry bloody christmas ba! humbug! Laughing snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CrowJersey, I hope you enjoy it, whatever the weather. Get lots of "looking down on the cloud" pictures. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hope you have a really good time, the GSF stuff is changing all the time, or at least the certainty element seems to be and the temps are all over the place. A couple of the models seem to show some precip perhaps starting from the 27th but nothing there you can bank on i'm afraid. FIngers crossed this high pressure gets moving and you see a few flakes falling! snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I discovered this thread half an hour ago and parsed through it fairly quickly.

I must confess upon first reading I understood not a jot about what the weather techies were on about. Nevertheless, re-reading the thread a second and third time I have deduced the meanings of the abbreviations and thought I might publish a glossary:

The key abbreviations used time and time again are:

GFS = Good For Snow ... whereas
HP = Horrible Portents
ECMWF = Evenings Chilly, Maybe Weekend Frost

Hope that helps!

PS: What I am not at all sure about is whether (excuse the pun) NOGAPS refers to days when it does snow or days when it doesn't. Can anyone help?

PPS: When will we get a decent dump in St Anton?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter, yeah you would hope so, but the forecast for Klosters village level is still showing as +7 deg for Saturday. Sad Evil or Very Mad
I am just hoping that the wetterzentrale GFS forecasts are right - as they seem to be showing some possibility of a piddly bit of precipitation around new year. Boothy, same is true for St Anton area - but things could change between now and then. God, I hope so.......
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy