Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Best Resort That No-ones Ever Heard Off..

Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at Saas Grund..maybe this year, poss next
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Fricheurs is a wonderful little resort.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ax Le Thermes. place so quiet during the week its wonderful
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
esroh, welcome to snowHeads snowHead .
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
esroh, Hi and welcome
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
June Mountain.....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Festive greetings everyone..... I think I've flown over every ski resort, area or field in the world, but sadly not touched down in that many, however I greatly enjoyed the morning I spent skiing at Zell am Ziller (as recommended by the Abuse Zone Inaugural Tour of 2002).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Blitzen wrote:
however I greatly enjoyed the morning I spent skiing at Zell am Ziller (as recommended by the Abuse Zone Inaugural Tour of 2002).

glad you enjoyed that because im going there next year and cant find that much info! Seems to be largely unknown to the brits Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Los Caracoles del Maranon in north eastern Spain is also very good.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
bh1 wrote:

North eastern spain??....Los Caracoles......?? Where is it??? Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled

With suficient snow (in quality and quantity) Puigmal in the Pyrenees, has some nice off-piste spots... In the highest part between 2700. and 2100 there is a nice north side off piste bowl. Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
AlTom wrote:
bh1 wrote:

North eastern spain??....Los Caracoles......?? Where is it??? Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled

With suficient snow (in quality and quantity) Puigmal in the Pyrenees, has some nice off-piste spots... In the highest part between 2700. and 2100 there is a nice north side off piste bowl. Laughing

It's in the Chanclo del Chindle.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think your a bit confused...... I don't know some places with similar name Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled sorry
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kicking horse ... but I think the secret is out.

Good town too ... the main apres ski bar is a strip club Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Les Contamines..I have to agree, April '04 dumped 1metre of snow and then got sunburn playing in the fresh white stuff, empty slopes, forgot what the word queue meant, perplexed why Total Ski dropped it!

Would agree re Les Contamines - no queues, great snow (gets swept off Mont Blanc) and reasonable prices.

We went 2 years on the run with Total Ski staying in Chalet Oncle Henri - I believe they dropped Les Contamines as they couldn't agree lease terms on the two Chalets they had there.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ken Lingwood,

Fortress HAS reopened, under new management. It closed down in the fallout of Charlie Locke's problems servicing his debt after RCR underwent a massive expansion. It's now operated by a company called the Banff Rail Company. Always renowned as a retro resort with a great reputation for powder. I don't know how its faring since the reopening.

Nakiska provided me with the deepest powder day I've ever had, anout 5 years ago.

Other hidden (and not-so-hidden) gems in Canada include Castle Mountain AB (another powder destination) and Red Mountain BC (trees).
snow conditions
Bridger Bowl, Montana, USA. Also Kirwood, California (near Tahoe)
snow conditions
OOPS... KIRKWOOD
ski holidays
St. Foy - Quiet and fab powder.
Fernie - Steep & Deep, plus it's empty.
snow conditions
Mount Baker, Washington state. Believe it holds the world record for a season's snowfall.
ski holidays
Just got back from El Funete del Pito this morning. Laughing
snow report
Well I'm off to Baqueira-Beret, (Pyrenees, Spain) at end of Jan. Been meaning to go there for some time as supposed to great (needs snow at the moment like everywhere else!). I have stayed and skied at Saas Grund several times which is good for access to (and cheaper prices) for Saas Fee. Also good as it has it's own ski area including off-piste which you cannot do at Saas Fee. Lauterbrunnen as a good valley base enabling you the choice of skiing Wengen on one side and Murren on the other. Recommend Haus, Austria next to Schladming (Austria) next mountain but completely linked up, the high valley/link between the two has a marvellous off-piste area and whole area is large with usually good snow (especially suited to cruising intermediates as good feeling of travel). Also Fiesch, Switzerland which is one side of europe's longest glacier - Aletsch Glacier - with the Eiger and Wengen skiing on the other but no large British operators go there. I stayed at Obergestelen down the road which is just before the mountain pass to Andematt. Large ski area but unknown to British. By the way I have skied in France (Couchevel, Val etc.....), a little in Italy and Andorra but do prefer Switzerland and Austria so sorry to those of you who love French skiing. Smile
snow report
caspaggio italian dolomites 1979
snow report
Alpe Di Mera, Italy.
latest report
Snowbassin
ski holidays
Les Orres
snow conditions
Sierra at Tahoe or Kirkwood (round the same lake) best snow EVER and not very busy. Heavenly is the main resort but the smaller ones dotted round the lake are miles better. xx
snow report
Powder Mountain, Utah
snow conditions
Homewood, CA
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Samnaun - Swiss duty free enclave that links into the Ischgl Silvretta ski area in Austria
snow report
Discovery in Montana (USA). www.skidiscovery.com. Its not very big but the backside off the Limelight Chair has terrain that makes Jackson Hole look tame.
snow conditions
Julian T, wow - yes - that takes me back ... some 30 years or so.
Went there on a day trip from Nauders IIRC as schoolboys: they had chinese firecrackers on sale, which , when stripped down fitted really nicely into the barrel of a bic biro...
ski holidays
Gruenau in Almtal, Austria - it's where I learnt to ski. For that reason alone, I'll always love it.
snow conditions
Clive, Interesting thread. I have had a very pleasant summer holiday in Ovronnaz walking in the mountaims and friends of our return there most years.

Our best resort that not many have heard of is Haute Nendaz - we have been going there off and on for 20 years now. It's a satellite village on the Verbier circuit but 60% of the cost. Only one small UK tour operator goes there, not beautiful, very Swiss, and only 550 miles from Calais!! Very Happy Laughing
snow report
I can't believe noones mentioned Resort X wink
ski holidays
villard de lans - close to grenoble, lovely little town and just enough skiing to make for a great 2 or 3 days.

glenshee - if it ever snows there again.
snow report
the ice perv, I'd second Numberwang
latest report
aidancostello, another vote for Numberwang
snow report
La Molina and Masella, closest resort to Barcelona and largest in Spain. Mainly Catalans go there but very handy from Girona by car.
snow conditions
Swirly, They won't either!!
ski holidays
Resort X: Tiny, no one speaks english, small ski school. Suitable for beginners only. Even the locals don't go there.

Obviously we'd all be clamouring for space if we knew its name!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy