Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Womens Intuition - Krypton Storm ID

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I posted a few questions for SZK(thanks for your replies) but I haven't really given a full review of the Boot since having it fitted and getting on snow.

Here is a copy of the review posted on Epic........Follow up will follow, after I get my third day on them today.

After a bit of shopping for ski boots(complete with shell fitting) at the end of the season last year, and not finding the boot I really wanted...... and knowing I did not want to go through a 7th season in my current boots, I succumbed to the influence of my friend Flexon Phil, and got a pair of Dalbello Krypton Storm ID's with Intuition liners.

When they arrived, I was not thrilled with the feel of the boot, because they felt extremely tight. I pulled the liners out and fit the shell, sure enough the shell fit.
I knew the liners had to be thermo fit, but wasn't entirely sure the thermo fitting would make that much of a difference.

So I called Friendly Phil and said, "Whats with these liners, they are extremely small and feel hard?"
To which he said, "Be patient. As soon as you get them thermo fit, you will call me with accolades on this boot."

So, I located Don Orr Ski Shop, in Traverse City, which sells Dalbello, and has the proper machine to heat the boots for fitting. This shop stocks the Dalbello Krypton Pro with intuition liners, but not the womens version which is what I have. If there were a demand for the Krypton Storm, he would most definitely stock it.

First Time with the Fitter, getting to know the boot:
Jeff from Don Orr Ski Shop, took a great deal of care and time to explain the features of this boot. I must say, I am extremely impressed with the design of the Krypton Storm ID, and the options for adjustment. The type of adjustments available and the extra pieces shipped with the boot to offer secure angle adjustments, among others, was a bonus I had not anticipated. I can now see why this is such a high performance boot, due to the fact that the pieces you put in place make your fit more stable.
The fitting:
Since I had never had a Thermo Fit liner prior to this boot, I was eager to listen and learn. According to Phil from EpicSki, and also Smallzookeeper from SnowHeads, the thermo fitting would include a neoprene cap over the toes, prior to putting my feet in the hot boot so there would be wiggle room for my toes when I use the boot. When talking to Jeff, during the actual fitting, he suggested that we do it without the neoprene caps first to provide me with an ultra snug fit and more control. If I feel it's too tight I can certainly come back and have the liners reheated and do it with the caps.

Jeff also said he would not alter the adjustments on the boots until I break them in by skiing on them a few times after the thermo fitting, so I am sure to make another trip back to see him in a week, or after Stowe, whenever I can work it in.
At some point during the fitting and discussion of using the toe caps, there was an implication that Phil is a wimp, but I should probably be nice to him since he could pay me back at Stowe.

Current feel of the Dalbello Krypton Storm ID, with the Intuition Liner, after the thermo fit......my toes do feel a bit too snug(easily changable) but the boot feels great overall. My womens Intuition tells me I'm gonna love this boot! snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Follow up, After two days on snow:

My womans intuition tells me that these boots are my new best friend.

Report:
Friday 12/8/06
I went skiing, and determined to really get a feel of the Dalbello Krypton Storm ID, so I committed to skiing on my Metrons since they were my main ski last year. I figured it would give me a real idea of the feeling of the new boot.
I wore socks that I had on rather than get out my new ski socks I bought when I got the boots fitted.
I anticipated the toe room would be an issue but it wasn't. My ankles, however, were really sore and had red "rub marks on them after skiing 3 hrs.

Saturday 12/9/06
I was at Crystal for first chair (9AM) with my boots and my thick socks, that had been use when I had the boots fitted. At first my toes felt a bit snug, but as soon as I started skiing the fit felt perfect, my feet NEVER got cold and my ankles never had any sign of pain, or rub marks.

I think I'll leave the intuition liners as they are. I really like them. But I'll need to invest in a few pair of socks with the same thickness, to assure comfort.

All in all, I can recommend that if you use a specific sock to have these boots fitted, you will need to be sure you are committed to that sock.

Awesome Boots, as Phil said..............A ski boot on steroids!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SH,

BTW, these being as warm as anything that you can put of your feet is a real nice by-product. Glad we have another satisfied Krypton skier. You are probably one of the first woman to get out and ski this boot...you must have connections
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SnowHot, ......... I can just tell from your posts that you are a very happy bunny ... Very Happy

It's a super outcome - hope you have many happy carves in them......... Very Happy snowHead

I am going to see the Zookeeper on Thursday to replace my best friends ......
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BernardC wrote:
SnowHot, ......... I can just tell from your posts that you are a very happy bunny ... Very Happy

It's a super outcome - hope you have many happy carves in them......... Very Happy snowHead

I am going to see the Zookeeper on Thursday to replace my best friends .

If the few tips SZK gave to me are any indication of his vast knowledge, you will be very satisfied. Good luck with your new "best friends".

And, you are correct. snowHead I'm a very happy bunny, and my glass is usually half full. Although once in a while I want to know who took half my milk.. wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy