Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NewBe Question - 1st Skies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I’ve been skiing for 10 + years and never owned my own equipment. I’m sick of throwing money out the window. I'm therefore looking to get set up skies, boots, bindings and polls. I’ve been to a couple of shops looking for information. I’ve also tried on a good amount of boots. I think thus far I’ve liked the Dalbello Aerro 80 boots the best for the bang for the buck. I've heard that there are demo days for trying skies out. However, I've heard that those are mostly in the beginning of the season. I'm looking now because plans are to do a road trip to Denver and then a road trip next year to Whisler. So I’m looking for some good advice on equipment. Just a little more information about my skiing style…I’m a little above average intermediate. I mainly like cruising trains. Not too big a fan of moguls and mainly stay on the trains. However, that may change once I become a better skier. I’m a big guy at 6’3” 240. I think I'm looking for an all mountain ski around 178 or so. I've looked at Salomon X-Wing 10 + Z10 and right now those are likely what I'll go for.

Thanks for any help!

Jason
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have bought Scott Missions for my all-mountain ski - in the hope that they will see me round the mountain - but with an emphasis on powder skiing.

Hope I got it right Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I've heard that there are demo days for trying skies out.

If you can, that it is the best way to find a pair of skis. As for boots find a pair that are comfortable and suit your ability.

Other more knowledgeable snowheads will be along later Madeye-Smiley

snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the help thus far!

~ J
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
V8KILLR, Yes - you really should try before you buy. Get the boots you know are comfy, and then talk to the shop about skis. I don't know about the States, but here in Europe if you tell the shop you're looking to buy skis, they will rent you different skis every day (or twice a day), and then you shouldn't have to pay the rental when you buy. Of course it may be different over there ....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy