Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs, 2006/07

Poster: A snowHead
in_form_md, Welcome to snowHeads, snowHead
short answer, might rain, might snow, who knows this far out? It's a strange season weather wise.
One thing is for sure the higher you go the better the conditions Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cheers for the quick reply. some sites are saying its going to get warm so I think your "higher the better" advise will be good!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
in_form_md, Stay low Ski high snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin wrote:
in_form_md, Stay low Ski high snowHead

Stay high, ski from your door Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
for the last three days we have had amazing powder in the trees and great high up but vis was not always good

today it is raining in the valley but still snowing high up

they say it will keep snowing through to the weekend

lets hope the temp will drop again quickly
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Apologies for not posting earlier.

I was in Plan Peisey all last week (ski beat chalet) and had a brilliant weeks skiing in both Les Arcs and La Plagne. I like the Vallandry area for the tree runs but prefer La Plagne for the wide open areas. Only downside to La Plagne were the extremely icy slopes returning to the Vanoise Express. Felt like I was side slipping all the way. For some reason my wife is really good on sheet ice, whereas I felt like an Elephant on skates Laughing

Sun all week, quite warm, good for a sun tan. Slopes were very icy and scraped in the morning but softened up in the sun during the day but unfortunately lower slopes were hard work in the slush at the end of the day. Best snow was above 2000m. Did my first black mogul down (after 7 weeks skiing) from the Grand Col chair. Good fun but not very elegant. Wife got wiped out by a boarder.

My first time at half term (no kids) as we went with another family. Great company in the chalet but not sure if I could endure the long queues again and the feeling of constantly dodging other skiers. It really reduces your skiing time to extent that if I went off peak I could do the same amount of skiing in 3 days as opposed to 6 !!!

On Saturday it started snowing heavily and the resort started to look like a ski resort again but the temperatures still felt warm so I'm not sure how the lower slopes will hold up.

I will try to post a photo or two if people would like.

Andy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pokemon, I for one would love to see pics snowHead

We're out to Plan Peisey for 2 weeks from 9th March & cant wait to get there Very Happy That run down to the Vanoise Express is always horrible Evil or Very Mad . Was there still only the one run open - I think its called Pierres Blanches?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
.........La Grave ...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy boy..........

......'nuf said..... Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
geri,

afaik, there was another run open but I came down the Pierre Blanches (I think). It was worse the first day I went down. The following day it had more snow (man made I believe), which helped a little.

Photos below. Hard to select photos, as mountains and snow look all the same after a while Laughing

Above Vallandry on Monday 19th Feb

View from sitting outside on benches at drinks hut slightly down to the right from the top of the Charmettoger lift on Thursday 22nd

Plan Peisey going towards Vallandry on Friday 23rd Feb evening. Noz Sport just down a little on the left

Plan Peisey going towards Vallandry on Saturday morning 24/02/2007 just after walking under Vanoise Express cable car station (before I got on the bus to the airport!)

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pokemon, Great pics Toofy Grin Pistes looked mobbed wink

You can just see our apartment in that last pic Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It was busy honest !

It was the first lift on the first picture and lunchtime on the second.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pokemon, first pic looks like Plan Bois lift to me - & my favourite run Bellette below it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pokemon, nice pics, we were there too. My kids loved those bumps to the left on your first piccy.

Our apartment was (I think) the highest building at the extreme right of your third pic. snowHead

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 5-03-07 19:38; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
geri wrote:
pokemon, Great pics Toofy Grin Pistes looked mobbed wink

You can just see our apartment in that last pic Toofy Grin

And you can see the apartment block I was in last week, Solaise 1 - next to the tratteur. Had a nice blast off piste off Plan Bois that morning Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is it just me or do the cameras really show that there's been some decent snowfall recently? I can't cope without my daily dose of news from snowHead on Les Arcs! And this'll continue right up to the 7th April!
snow report
I'm off to Les Arcs early Sunday morning! Going to be driving there from London!

Really can't wait! Any news on the snow for next week?
snow report
in_form_md, Make sure you leave snow for us - arriving Fri night Toofy Grin

Have a great trip.
ski holidays
matthew, its not just you - there's been some pretty heavy snow in the last few days - Arc 1950 this morning. I like the look of the size of the slope the guy with the snow blower is trying to get up (bottom right).

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 2-03-07 16:28; edited 1 time in total
latest report
in_form_md, How long will it take you ?
snow report
I've just been looking at this

http://www.lesarcs.com/article.php3?id_article=30

Cant believe how many runs are closed - presumably because of the 4/5 av risk Puzzled Looks like theres no way to get over to Peisey from there at the moment Shocked
latest report
geri, only the bus at the moment. It's certainly av risk and perhaps wind - in fact probably both. Plagnettes and Arcabulle lifts are "prévision d’ouverture" now though so tomorrow should be better. In the meantime, the Rhodos drag allows access to Villaroger when Lanchettes is not open but with the amount of snow that fell in the last few days extreme caution at all times is the order of the day. Be careful any snowHeads out there
ski holidays
Will be in Les Arcs on Wednesday morning for a week

GF coming too but unfortunatley not skiing due to broken rib on last trip

Anyone around for a ski?
snow conditions
Kieran wrote:
Anyone around for a ski?

I arrive on the 21st - will you still be around then?
snow conditions
rob@rar,

Rob we are destined never to meet - leaving again on the 13th - What about Easter??
snow report
Kieran wrote:
rob@rar,

Rob we are destined never to meet - leaving again on the 13th - What about Easter??

Yes, we're out for Easter Smile 5th- 11th.
latest report
Will be flying to LA on Sunday 11th March Madeye-Smiley snowHead and staying in LA2000. Anybody want to meet up? Cool Cool
latest report
Hi - newbie snowhead here - we were in Arc 1950 for February half term and it snowed a lot but also rained! Yuk
Glad to read it's back to snow again.
How is it all looking now, as we liked it that much that we're going back to Arc 1950 for Easter and hope the snow will be as good or better than Easter last year (when is was Fantastic!) Very Happy
ski holidays
kaydee, hello newbie snowHead, welcome to the forum Smile Fingers crossed for Easter...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Welcome to snowHead Kaydee.

A lot of snowheads and others in 1950 for Easter - make sure you've got your stickers!
latest report
I'm that new, and found the site at the weekend - so sorry to ask this JimW - but what stickers?? !!! Embarassed
snow report
Well - I had a search about and found the sticker bumf, so my fiver is electronically zapping across the ether, and hopefully the stickers will be well stuck on whatever at Easter!!
ski holidays
In the meantime has anyone an up to date on the conditions in 2000 & 1950. The 1950 webcam shows a lovely sunny day, but not a lot of evidence of too much new snow.
As I said, we were there at half term, and the resort did get some good snow, but also some rain, and we left thinking it was going to be interesting times ahead!
Has any of the newer snow had a chance to be bashed into a good base, so us Easter hopefuls will not be mud and slush sliders?
latest report
Yes, I too am getting a little nervous at the amount of non-snowcovered street appearing on the 1950 webcams. Are there really no internet-equipt snowHeads currently in Les Arcs?! Proclaim the weather and snow situation, I beseech thee!
snow report
kaydee, matthew, I am going 31 Mar and am more than happy with the current state of play. We went 28th Jan and snow depths on the http://www.ski-lesarcs.com web site were 35cm at 1800 and 60cm at 2000 and the skiing was fine. Currently they are quoting 69cm and 101cm for the same measurements. I know we can take resort measurements with a fair pinch of salt but hopefully any over estimation is reasonably consistent from Jan to now.

In 1950, they clear the snow from the walkways next to the shops completely away and keep the depth of the snow in the middle of the streets around 30-40cm so once you've had a week or so without snow then the pavements alongisde the shops do show through.

So I reckon it looks more than OK - lower temps and hopefully some snow early next week as well though still too far away to be confident.

Here's a few pics from April 2005 and April 2006 to help raise the spirits .... snowHead snowHead

here here here here here and here
ski holidays
SP and I are driving out on 31st March - staying at Villaroger for a week. We both have snowHead stickers on our helmets so keep a look out and say hello if you see us. Kieran spotted us last year at 2000 by the Lanchette chair and said hello.
ski holidays
I was in Les Arcs on both March 3 & 10. Snow conditions are excellent and it only gets a little dodgy lower down towards 1600 or the link across to La Plagne. Around 2000 and 1950 the snow was in fantastic condition and if it wasn't for the fact that I have made a commitment to go to Courchevel this Saturday then I would return back to Les Arcs!
snow conditions
Yes, they do clear in front of the shops - it's just nice to see white in those areas on the early morning pictures!
I remember April 2006 - some of the best skiing ever! Fantastic conditions ..... fingers firmly crossed.
We are there for 2 weeks from 31 March too. If the stickers arrive in time they'll be on! Smile

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 14-03-07 8:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
MorganW, that's good to hear - rest of my part goes on Friday (16th) and I join them a week tomorrow. Staying in 1950.
ski holidays
kaydee, yes, I too was there April 2006 and it was fantastic. And obviously having had that amount of snow that late in the season, I've fallen into the trap of somehow "expecting" it every year. Mmm.
ski holidays
Anyone out there with a fresh update please? Very Happy Very Happy

Arriving Wednesday night for a short break so very interested if the promised snow is arriving. snowHead snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy