Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere Heliski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know anything about this.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mrs johnboy, Cant help with any experiences, but here is a Resort promo vid from the new site to get the you going Very Happy
http://www.larosiere.net/video2/popup.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mrs johnboy, It's organised via the ski schools http://www.larosiere.net/?rub_id=36 You can contact them via their own web sites to pre book or you can walk into their offices ESF is directly up the stairs from the ticket office.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you need to be a advanced kind of skier to heliski?

I was just wondering if they could take you to some shallow gradients. Just want to experience the thrill without the steeps if you know what I mean.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
johnboy, not necessarily. Obviously it's going to be unpisted snow so you're going to have to be able to ski whatever the conditions are but it's just like any other ski mountain at the end of the day, a variety of ways down. The easiest conditions are going to be at the end of the season (April/May) on the spring snow.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was led to believe that it was illegal to heliski in France? Or is that just some areas?

I know that there are plenty of Helos in the air but I thought that was for Emergency and transfer purposes!

Please give me feedback as it may be of interest to a few in our group.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Roy Hockley, Have a look at the link AIR they take off just over the Italian border.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mrs johnboy,

You'll have to get to Valgrisenche ( Italian)...and book through the ski school. They are likely to take you up on to the Ruitor glacier which will mean you will at least have to be able to ski where they say you can ski, and should be able to stop exactly where they say... as is the norm with glacial terrain. You are then likley to make your way down to near the Village of St Foy and then get a bus back. If you start from La Ros, then this is fine, otherwise you will have to go up and over into Italy again for LA Thuile etc.

As for the skiing, you have to be prepared, they can't garuantee easy bits, just some more easier than others and even then that can be compromised with unhelpful snow. You should have had other excusions so know basics like side-slipping and how to take the steepness out of a hill etc...all in bad snow if poss.
I would say that the heli-trip might not be the best introduction if you haven't got a few mistakes in this kind of foray under your wings. The classic vallee blanche might be a very good intro, IMV. It depends how many weeks skiing you have and how kind the weather is... at least!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roy Hockley, you're correct - no Helo landings IN France ...... just over the border is fine.... Toofy Grin

JT, sent me this link to

Azzure which may be of interest ......

.....also Helimountains in Bourg St. Maurice / Les Arcs, run by Mike Bennett (No.... not Gordons brother .. Toofy Grin ) (PS Helimountains site intro is NOT a missile launch...)

.......... we will be giving those helos some welly this season........ Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There's also a heli taxi from LDA to AdH as well, it's not proper heli-skiing but you could claim to have used a heli to ski!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mountain top landings are what are not allowed in France. You can use helicopters, flying high, village to village.
Thus you can ski over the back of the Fornet skiing (Val d'Isere) to Bonneval (you just walk up to the right from the highest glacier lift and go over the top): Ski for a while there and then take a helicopter back to Val d'Isere at tea time. Very spectacular..
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy