Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere Snow Report

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ollski, my wife has just rung me from the chalet, it's snowing hard now, so should give the pistes a bit of freshen up, looks like conditions will be good for you, still nearly 3 metres at altitude and over a metre at village level.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David@traxvax, Good to see your lift pass offer carry's over to next season Laughing wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David@traxvax wrote:
ollski, my wife has just rung me from the chalet, it's snowing hard now, so should give the pistes a bit of freshen up, looks like conditions will be good for you, still nearly 3 metres at altitude and over a metre at village level.

snowHead snowHead snowHead Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy , cheers David. Hopefully 3m should see us through another week!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I know its a little late but i just want to say a big big thank you to everyone who gave me advice before our trip to La Thuile (19th to 25th March). We had a fantastic time and found all the advise so useful. We loved La Thuile and will def be going back next year (we loved La Rosiere too, managed to get over there for a couple of days). The snow conditions were fantastic, best i've ever experienced in 8 years of skiing. (It was very very cold a couple of days tho!).

A special thanks to aidancostello, your advice was spot on and the ski instructor was ace. We skied with Kim George for one afternoon and he taught us loads.. He remembered you too!

Can't say we had a preference for red 6 or red 7 back to resort, we loved them both.. But black 3 was a bit scary!!

Thanks again everyone.. cant wait for next year!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Glad you had a good time Blueyedgirl.

Kim is a nice guy - think he manged to improve my technique a bit (fair play to him - it needs it!) and hope it won't be all forgotten by next year!

Black 3 is a bit scary on that steep bit but exhilarating once you're safely past it!

Can't wait for next year either but not sure where we ill be going yet. Probably back to La Thhuoile but thinking about the Dolomites too - another great part of Italy!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I see the snow finally dropped off the roof!!!!

Looks quite good for the time of year
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnboy, my wife has just got home after 3 weeks at the chalet, apparently it's been very warm and the snow is slush by the afternoon, even the north facing slopes in Italy are very soft. We haven't bothered to stay open for the last week of the season for the first time.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You should have said David...we would have come back out to wind the chalet down in its last week for you. It was pretty heavy going a couple of weeks ago in the afternoon but to be honest it was perfect for us as it slowed the kids down a bit so we could let them off on their own on a few runs. I am already being nagged to give Dan a note to book us in for next easter!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ollski, glad you enjoyed La Rosiere, we've still got some availabilty for Easter.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
aidancostello, Blueyedgirl,

Are you both tele skiers then? I guess Kim teaches regular too?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi fatbob Kim was teaching regular skiing too througha company operatinhg in La Thuile called Bluski.. Teh tele looks interesting. Would liek to try it sometime but I normally only get away for one week a year so don't want to use up that time learning and falling over. If I can get a short break in next year I might give it a go. Do you do tele?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A great new webcam on the La Rosiere site. At the top of the Col de la Traversette. It gives a 300 degree panorama with zoom shots of Mont Pourri and the Arc 2000 Bowl, Mont Blanc, and the Col area with the Piccollo San Bernado lift.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 19-02-08 14:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, .... I initially saw David@traxvax, 's post at the top of the page ... clearly indicating that it is "snowing quite hard in La Rosiere", ....

... Excitement X 3 ... Very Happy snowHead

..... oh cruel world .... Crying or Very sad ... that post was from last season .... Toofy Grin ...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Now that brings back some memories Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy