Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding gear help...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ey up you lot,

Got a few questions before my forthcoming January trip to La Plagne, so here goes:

1) Just bought my missus a pair of slightly used Wave (??) snowboarding boots that seem to be in great condition. She says they fit fine in length and width but when walking or leaning back slightly, the top of the boots rub. They are a size 5, which is here normal shoe size. Is this rubbing normal? She's tried them on with just one pair of thick Salomon ski socks but should she wear more and if anything, should she be worrying? We've never been boarding before so don't really know how much walking is involved. As I said, the boots are hardly used so maybe they need breaking in?

My other questions is this:

2) I need to get a board, bag and bindings (plus boots for me) for me and the missus to take, although we don''t want to spend loads, as it's our first time. I have seen some 'deals' on ebay for full packages about £120 but is the kit worth buying and are the places likely to rip me off? The feedback seems to say 'No' but you can never be too careful. I'm not bothered if I only get two trips out of the gear before I trade up (if I like it boarding that is), as £120 works out cheaper than renting some knackered, used and abused kit each time I go, which I believe is about £80 in La Plagne for a week?

The link to the site is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AIRTRACKS-KOMPLETT-SNOWBOARDSET-STABLE-06-07-SB-BAG_W0QQitemZ290058045943QQihZ019QQcategoryZ56827QQcmdZViewItem

I know it's not high-end stuff but I'm sure, as a beginner, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway if my kit cost £120 or £1,200!!!

I can stretch to about £200 for me and about £150 for the missus. She only needs a board, bindings and a bag. Are there any UK shops that could do deals for this kind of money?

Your help will be most... well, helpful!!!Smile

Spesh
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The right kit does make it easier, which is why it's tricky to say 'yes, go for the bargain'. A retailer with last year's stock could get close to those prices and also make sure you're getting the right stuff for your weight, height and ability. Sure, push for price but mak it as easy on yourself as possible so you want to come back for more...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy