Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vaujany - Alpe d'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've not had time to put a commentary on this but it gives you an idea of conditions

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1631836719946744879&hl=en

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 8-12-06 7:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof, Wow looks great!
snow report
 brian
brian
davidof, strong winds down your way then ? That snow looked almost Scottish Laughing

Lovely day though, thanks for sharing that.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof, That's better than anything that has been on TV today snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That looked like fun! Very good to see, after all the gloom and doom. Thanks. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've put some comments on the conditions here

http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/0656-improving-snow-conditions-dec-2006/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidof, looks like a step in the right direction!

have you done any touring above Allemont/Rivier d'Allemont on the Belledonne side? Looks like some interesting stuff there
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno wrote:
davidof, looks like a step in the right direction!

have you done any touring above Allemont/Rivier d'Allemont on the Belledonne side? Looks like some interesting stuff there

I know the area reasonably well, it is actually quite a long drive from my house, around 1hr so we don't go that way very often but quite a lot of the stuff we do on the western side drops over to the east. There are a lot of bowls that are not too extreme and hold the snow really well.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidof, Brilliant. Just as here - good skiing down to around 2,000m or a little below. Looked like fab snow and must have been worth the hike. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof, Lovely, thanks for sharing it with us. Looks like it was hard work though! No sign of any large chunks of Mont Sec falling off on your way past?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've added a route description and trip report here

http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Isere-Drome/Les-Aiguillettes-De-Vaujany-North-West-Bowl

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just a cautionary note. There were a couple of avalanche incidents in Switzerland yesterday. On on the Grand St Bernard, on an east facing slope between 2000-2500 meters, two skiers partially buried. No serious injuries and the other on the col between the Allalinhorn and Alphubel at 3500m, north aspect, two skiers triggered and carried away by a slab. The risk will increase over the next 48 hours in France with the fresh snow and strong winds.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy