Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Government derails 'ski tram' for Manchester

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A proposed 180m snowdome for Manchester, near the Trafford Centre and part of a large leisure/shopping scheme, will have no tram link due to a government decision not to fund a linked extension to the Manchester tram network.

This report from Manchester Online.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep once again our government tells us all to stop driving our cars, but then ensures we have no alternative, bunch of low life pond weed could do better than the idiots we seem to vote into power
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So for this development you have the choice of driving and having your car stolen, or taking your gear on public transport and getting mugged.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
D G Orf wrote:
Yep once again our government tells us all to stop driving our cars, but then ensures we have no alternative, bunch of low life pond weed could do better than the idiots we seem to vote into power

Your trip to the local olympic size fridge isn't going to be environmentally even if you walk there though is it?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Your trip to the local olympic size fridge isn't going to be environmentally even if you walk there though is it?

true but this is typical of our beloved bunch of idiots that govern us, they recently canceled a tram scheme for portsmouth due to the fact that the scheme price had gone up, one of the reasons it had gone up was due to the defence ministry needing deeper channels in portsmouth harbour for new ships meaning the tunnels for the tram needed to be dug deeper but no hand in the pocket for the increased costs on behalf of central government.

Increasingly the government harps on about the damage that the car user is doing to the enviroment and taxes them accordingly. However when it comes to alternative schemes or even just updating existing public transport links they fail pathetically, quite frankly the whole thing makes me sick. I used to travel by train combined with bycicle, unfortunately these days there is no certainty of getting the bike on the train, no predicting if the train will be on time and the only thing you can predict is that the train will almost certainly be dirty and overcrowded, which is why I drive a car
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A bit off topic but recently on Breakfast news they showed how the cost of running a car in real terms over the last 30 years has stayed about the same. Petrol has always cost the equivalent of about 80p per litre. Car prices are rougly the same, if a little cheaper.

Public transport? It cost twice as much now!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Public transport? It cost twice as much now!!!

Yep why does that not surprise me Mad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Public transport is riduclous price and isn't available to where i want to go to get me there in a reasonable time to do what i need to do. Therefore i hardly ever use it.

Snowdome at Manchester seems pointless - too small, and there is Leeds near enough???
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dan wrote:

Quote:

Snowdome at Manchester seems pointless - too small, and there is Leeds near enough???

In point of fact, the proposed Manchester slope, at 40m vertical and 180m long isn't that much smaller than Piz Castleford (45m x 190m)

Totally agree about the transport, though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's my point though, i think the slopes are too small so what's the point in having another "white elephant" if you excuse the pun??? I don't think there is the market in the UK for so many of these domes Confused
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
Yep once again our government tells us all to stop driving our cars, but then ensures we have no alternative,

I had occasion to drive past one of the sites which was earmarked for a tram interchange station. It is situated at a very busy road junction. About 15 large semi detatched houses have been demolished and a very busy petrol station has been flattened. One wonders what will happen to the site now. It would make a very good vantage point for a mobile speed camera or one of those hideous rusty pieces of modern art that our rulers love wasting our money on.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy