Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee Question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Saas Fee's looking quite white at the moment! We're going there on the 16th, and snow permitting, will really need nursery slopes at resort level to be operational (learning to board). Unfortunately they don't seem to be showing any signs of opening up more terrain. Does anyone know if this is because they have an official opening date for the non-glacier part of the resort?

Thanks! Liam
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lrx28, We are going to Saas-Fee on the 19th. The snow report on their website says there is 5 cm at the base of the slopes and 5 cm at the mid-station. There are snow cannon around the nursery slopes, but the temperatures so far have been too warm to make snow. More snow is forecast for the weekend, but the amount is unpredictable.

I understand the original intention was to open down to the middle station at the beginning of November, but I haven't seen any subsequent news. Probably because they don't know when there will be enough snow to open the remainder of the slopes.

If they can open down to the middle station there are some gentle runs just above which could be used as nursery slopes.

Just keep everything crossed for more snow. Otherwise, perhaps they will turn the access track to the glacier into a nursery slope.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Keeping everything crossed for you - we're going on the 28th.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
According to the Saas-Fee website, they have opened one of the runs down to the village today. I think there should be sufficient open at the weekend even for beginners. The choice may not be very exciting though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy