Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Leather boot question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, I'm on the homeward leg of a three day sales trip, having tried to break in my new R. M. Williams boots. I like walking between meetings and am lucky enough to tend to have them in city centres, so I go through a lot of shoe leather.

Haven't got any pictures, but they are your standard RMW elasticated ankle boots. (Black calfskin). Good fit, nice snug ankle hold, leather soles a little slippy on hard pack, but lovely and supportive in the soft stuff.

A fine addition to the back country of Soho (or SoHo), technical velvet jeans and beaver lamb gilet. If it makes any difference, I'm using a wool cashmere coat and a lightweight wool suit. Cotton shirts of course, with French cuffs and M&S underwear otherwise. Generally silk turks head links, with the occasional foray into gold or silver.

But my feet are killing me.

Merino formal socks. (No footbeds yet, but they are on their way).

Just a general weariness around the forefoot and pain between the metatarsals.

SZK, CEM. et al. any ideas? Do I need to bring them in? Do you think you can foam inners for formal work boots?

(And yes, I do have a back pack with a not so tiny data-dration system inside...which may affect my stance)

Thanks in advance...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe it's a technique thing. Are you walking at an intermediate or advanced level?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch, have you tried footbeds?
No, seriously!

When SZK was fixing me up (or should that be stitching me up) with new boots, he took my old green superfeet out of my old boots, took the insoles out of my walking boots (Timberlands), and replaced them with the superfeet. And I really notice the difference! Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wear The Fox Hat, I haven't but (seriously) I am going to.

FenlandSkier, well, clearly, in the bar of the Hotel Normandy I was an extreme walker but I suspect in reality I am maybe an aspiring intermediate. I only go one week a season though so its difficult to tell...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Murdoch, whats the altitude - are you drinking enough water?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Murdoch, Did you buy these off ebay - or did you have a proper four hour fitting? Sounds like you need to check your alignment, angulation, canting, then have some foam liners and custom footbeds made in a zero gravtiy environment. A shell punch might help Toofy Grin

Failing that - either Taxis - or orthotics with a decent level of arch support, and consider Mortons Metatarsalgia if pain between metatarsals persists...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Murdoch, At least it can't be your binding postition that's the problem. Maybe it's because they're just plain black. Can you get 'em in orange? wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy