Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weather in October (not for skiing)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have got some leave to take in October and have found some good priced flights to Geneva so am thinking about a few days in the alps.

What sort of weather can I expect at this time of year ? Predictable / not ?Only ever been in summer/winter before so have no experience in Oct. Would like to do some walking and eating/drinking. Could possibly have a glacier day if conditions favourable.

Thanks for any help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It can be nice, the weather is often a bit unsettled of course. Good days are fantastic though, the light quality that time of year is fantastic. The snow will be (hopefully) be starting to accumulate at alititude and you get some fantastic clear days.

Walking is pretty good that time, some of the lifts will be closed though, the summer season will be over. The temperatures make it an excellent time to walk but you need some fairly serious kit if you're going to any altitude, the weather can turn a bit serious.

Take a look at www.myswizerland.com and you'll see some events around that time, for instance it's the Valais fair at Martigny and they'll have their cow fighting Very Happy

You can ski Happy Glacier 3000 plan to open on October 9th, and glacier skiing in Autumn is great.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Went to Morzine in October a while ago, weather was wonderful but I don't know how typical that was.

Just one word of warning....the town was pretty much shut down for the out of season....including the hotel we had pre-booked and paid for!! After a couple of hours of panicking we found somewhere to stay but it took us several weeks to get our money back from the internet booking site we'd used and since then we've always booked direct to be on the safe side.

We've also been to the Maurienne at that time of year and that was wonderful too - with lovely autumn colours all over the mountains.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was in Switzerland for a day at the end of October last year, we went up to Grindenwald and it snowed! The resort was dead and the locals didn't seem to friendly, one tourist shop owner hunted me away for looking at his postcards! I did buy a t-shirt of a snowboarding cow but that was in a shop with a Japanese girl (friendlier). The scenery looked wonderful in the brochure but cloud prevented any mountain views. Still we had a great snowball fight with a group of Fijian girls that had never seen snow before!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies ... have now decided on last week of September instead. I guess this will still mean a lot of the summer attractions will be closed, but hey we're only going there to get away from it all for a few days. Certainly won't miss the tourists but will keep an eye out for the Fijian's. Would be intersted in learning of any must-do or must-see's around the Morzine area.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy