Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Orthaheel Footbed (from Boots the Chemist) - anyone used?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm just about to buy some footbeds for my ski boots as I suffer from (slight) fallen arches.

Anyway, I was going to buy some of-the-peg "Superfeet" when I stumbled across Orthaheels at Boots the Chemist.

Has anyone used them in ski boots? If so, how do they compare to "Superfeet"?

BTW: They are £10 cheaper than Superfeet (£33), not that it really matters rolling eyes

Rik
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm confused now. Should I buy a footbed or one of these orthotics?

From the Orthaheel site:

"What is the difference between a footbed and an orthotic?

Regular footbeds are designed to provide a cushioning effect and shock absorption. They may feel comfortable at first but they do not address the biomechanical cause - 'excess pronation' - of the pain or ailment. Orthotics provide some degree of shock absorption, but more importantly they are functional - i.e. designed to change and optimize your foot function. Some footbeds also feature an arch support, however, orthotics do a lot more than just supporting the arches."

Rik
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rikochet, Not sure why if you are thinking of footbeds you are not going for custom moulded ones.
I realize that the above are probably half the price but from experience the benefits of a custom pair would out way the saving
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rikochet, technically an orthotic is a device designed to support or correct an area of the body to alivieate pain or disfunction

a footbed is an american name for an orthotic when it is not made by a doctor

the orthoheel IME is ok but not as supportive as the superfeet product, the heel although deep is not very firn around it's perimeter therfore can not control excessive motion effectively

the custom / off the shelf debate is a whole subject in itself but sufice to say some people need more support than an off the peg product can offer.... but i and several others have found that the superfeet Off the peg product is actually better than many custom products

hope this helps
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks CEM, thats the info I wanted to hear. I have tried the Superfeet out in the shop previously so it looks I be buying these.

Rik
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy