Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

European Winter 06/07 Cancelled

Poster: A snowHead
Lets hope for a better season 07/08

Sad Sad
snow conditions
 brian
brian
<bites tongue and struggles to get through post with minimal expletives>

stanton, please go away !

<there, that wasn't hard was it Little Angel >
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton, Ask your doctor for the Dutch equivalent of Prozac wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Someone had to contemplate the situation happening wink

Just been outside and it T-shirt & Terrace weather in Bern Very Happy
snow report
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, so that's like UK prozac but 10 times more effective, 100 times longer lasting with 1000 times less side effects ? wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton, you've not looked at Meteoschweiz today then? Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton, do you get invited to parties?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cancelled? That can't be right - I've had a great week's skiing in Europe already this season (including one day spoiled a little by too much snow), and there'll be enough snow for plenty of fun this weekend as well. stanton, maybe you're just not looking hard enough for the snow?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For those that are interested, Meteoschweiz is forecasting the snowfall line to drop from 2000 to 1000m overnight, up slightly on Fri, then down to 700m by Sat, precipitation every day except Thurs

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 5-12-06 12:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton, is this like a sort of advent calendar? Can we look forward to a new gloomy prognostication each morning? I don't think you are a gloomy chap at all, I think you are rolling round killing yourself laughing as you reel them in...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There's lot's of snow where I'm going Puzzled It's not cancelled in my family snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
for gods sake, give it a rest please, it's boring, if you want to cancel your winter, fine, can you please nip off to a MTB forum or something similiar.

I've skied in Europe since 1984, bad starts have happened before and I'm sure will happen again. So in all my years, I have only ever had one trip affected (positively) by bad snow ( I tend to ski most in March/April). That was in April 1990 where my trip was moved from Soll to Kitzbuhel, where it preceded to snow most days and I had a great time.

Regards,

Greg
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w,

Looks like kitenski, is a good catch wink

laundryman,

Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
eng_ch, unfortunately the indications are that the temps will go back up next week meaning that the forecast snow for this week may not stick arround for long Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ski holidays
We all know what's going to happen... it'll be a late start, an average season, Easter will come and go, the lifts will close and we'll then get 27 metres of virgin powder to stare at.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laughing isn't that the truth!
latest report
stanton, I think you have my sense of humour... Very funny! You got a few bites.
snow report
 brian
brian
slippy, arguably funny the first 347 times, now just tedious rolling eyes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does my Travel insurance cover this sort of eventuality Puzzled
snow report
brian, granted.
snow conditions
Timberwolf, I think most winter cover allows for Piste closure but no lack of snow. I would think it varys with resort ie you can still ski on a glacier, so they probably wouldn't pay out. However I'm far from an expert Very Happy
snow report
trouble is stanton, it may cause you great amusement but some newbie will read it, panic, and cancel his Xmas holiday, telling all his mates about how bad the snow is.
snow conditions
............ and does this mean that it is now Spring 2007 ?
snow conditions
brian, Allways look on the bright side of life... Smile
ski holidays
stanton, getting a bit obvious with repetition. rolling eyes
ski holidays
stanton, you go for it.
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
trouble is stanton, it may cause you great amusement but some newbie will read it, panic, and cancel his Xmas holiday, telling all his mates about how bad the snow is.

Let's credit newbies with more intelligence than that ? If anybody cancels a holiday on the strength of a clearly farcical thread on an Internet Forum, well they're not safe to go out on their own Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
not sure its THAT clear given about 6 of the last 10-15 threads have been based on the state of the weather, snow (or lack of...) etc.

Plus, i guess there are many seasoned skiers who are trying to convince themselves they will have snow before they get to their chosen resort Twisted Evil
snow report
skinutter, Good point, we need positive vibes, not this doom and gloomery. Stanton - go soak your head in a bucket of icewater Twisted Evil Laughing
snow conditions
skinutter, not clear ? "Winter cancelled"....... OK, then.

Understand your point about the number of other threads..........

Worried ? Me ? .......... I can't see a thing at my destination this winter !
ski holidays
hmmm, is it me or have buckets of iced water been slowly warming in the last 25 years....I remember when i was a lad that you needed a pick to break the ice on the top just to get your head in LOL Laughing
latest report
Timberwolf, Piste looks OK, off-piste looks a bit dodge though. Laughing
snow report
I've got good vibes for 10 Dec ~ don't know why, I can just feel it in me water...

It will start on the 10th and then just snow for 3 days all over the Alps - especially Espace Killy...

You mark my words [Looks mysteriously at camera]

Over and out,

Mystic SkiBod Cool snowHead
snow conditions
AxsMan, look out for my post on the "most spectacular falls ever" thread wink Laughing
ski holidays
SkiBod, That's the spirit! I'm sure you're right. If we all visualise it, it will come Very Happy (and stay untill at least the 26th Madeye-Smiley )
latest report
Timberwolf, Doh! Misunderstood you for a moment and went and searched! Laughing
snow conditions
Timberwolf wrote:
skinutter, not clear ? "Winter cancelled"....... OK, then.

Understand your point about the number of other threads..........

Worried ? Me ? .......... I can't see a thing at my destination this winter !

snowHead my destination is a veritable powderfest currently..... http://www.trinum.com/ibox/saisies/Images/webcamISDN1.jpg
snow conditions
skinutter, hmm, runs down to resort do look a bit thin.
ski holidays
Thought it was time to bring this thread back Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy